reckon hosted stp

Ross Boucher
Ross Boucher Member Posts: 4
edited November 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have been submitting payrun files via Reckon Hosted STP for ages now, the ATO keeps rejecting my New Payrun files with error messages, but when I submit an update event for the same payrun, it goes through fine. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    Hi Ross,
    What are the specific error messages you're receiving for those submissions?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ross Boucher
    edited November 2019
    "We are unable to process your submission because the file you wanted to replace has already been replaced"
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Ross.
    The problem here is in the type of pay event file that is being created in your accounting software ie. Reckon Accounts Hosted and then being uploaded into GovConnect.
    In short, it sounds like when you're creating the file in Hosted, you're ticking the option to create it as a 'Full File Replacement'.
    Full File Replacement can only be used to replace the last successful 'normal' pay event.

When I say a 'normal' pay event, I mean a new regular pay run file that you create for submission for your usual pay run. To create a normal pay run, make sure that you don't tick any option when you're creating the file in Reckon Accounts Hosted and the file will generate as a new normal pay event that you can submit.

I'll add a few links below which outline what each type of pay event file is -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ross Boucher
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Rav,

Will try that. Maybe they should have a tick box for a normal pay event, cause the tendency is to think that you have to tick an option.

Thanks for your help, most appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ross
  • Ross Boucher
    edited November 2019
    That worked a treat Rav, thanks for the help