Reckon hosted won't print.

Chris Anscombe
Chris Anscombe Member Posts: 2
edited May 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Reckon Accounts Hosted, Google Chrome. When I attempt to print a document (any type), Hosted print screen comes up, as normal, when I click print it opens as a blank screen on Google Chrome. It has just started doing it today. I have shut everything down and restarted without any change.

Comments

• Liam Francisco
    Liam Francisco Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2019
    Hi Chris, I would check that it is not blocking pop ups, maybe it has updated and changed your preferences. I had to go into chrome settings and add Reckon to trusted sites a few weeks ago after I updated Windows. Good luck.
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,262 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    I use Firefox, and just printed some reports 10 minutes ago without any issues
  • Janine_9686095
    Janine_9686095 Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2019
    I am having this same issue. Blank screen on trying to print. Also using Chrome.
  • Graham Meredith_8157454
    Graham Meredith_8157454 Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2019
    Like Liam said I am pretty sure the issue is Blocking Pop ups.

You should see a little red cross in the top right corner of the link and if you click on that and then select always allow you should be OK again.
  • Janine_9686095
    Janine_9686095 Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2019
    If I was getting a little red cross I would click it and do as you suggest, however I am not.
    I found I can print if I switch to an incognito window and log in there, which suggests pop ups aren't the problem for me, but maybe cookies or something. I have found the only reliable way to use the Reckon Portal for STP is an incognito window for me too.
  • Laurie N Shane Wicks
    Laurie N Shane Wicks Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2019
    I have the same problem, i find the only way i can print is if i quickly click on the Adobe menu that flashes up on my RH top corner of screen & select PDF. Then a message "this document is trying to print, do you want to allow this?", i select yes, then it would print before opening the file in Acrobat Reader. This has been happening to me since 15.11.19, very frustrating. I have has a Window update, but i do not get a pop up blocker X on screen.
  • Sonia Tilley
    Sonia Tilley Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2019
    I'm having the same problem. Started on Friday afternoon. I checked pop-up blocks and they were off.  Even tried turning them on then back off again. I have restarted the computer etc. 
  • Sonia Tilley
    edited November 2019
    I've temprarily changed my Chrome setting to Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome so that I can print the invoices..... but could this please be fixed soon.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,262 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited May 2020
    No problem with Firefox, did not make any changes in settings, it’s just always worked
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,249 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2020
    Hi guys,
    I've done a bit of testing this morning on both Chrome & Firefox but unfortunately can't see to replicate these reports so far.

From the sounds of it so far, it looks like this is occurring for those using Chrome would that be correct?
    The pop-up blocker aspect is important and would the first thing to check (more info on that HERE)
    Secondly, can you let me know which version of Chrome you're using when you run into this, you'll find it by clicking the 'Menu' button in Chrome > Help > About Chrome 
    If there's an update available for your browser, please update it.

If anyone has a screenshot of what you're seeing when this occurs it would be great if you could share it here.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Laurie N Shane Wicks
    edited November 2019
    Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Sonia Tilley
    edited November 2019
    Version 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Sonia Tilley
    edited November 2019
  • Dominika
    Dominika Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2019
    Version 78.0.3904.97 (OfficialBuild) (64-bit)
  • Chris Anscombe
    Chris Anscombe Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2019
    Yep, checked all that, still not working.

• Alexander McKeown
    Alexander McKeown Reckon Staff Posts: 166 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2019
    Dear Sonia, Dominika, Chris,
    Can you please list your current extensions?
    I have reason to believe that it is, perhaps, a wayward security extension in your Chrome browser that is causing the issue.
  • Dom_10330501
    Dom_10330501 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2020
    AUSkey for chrome Off, Authenticator On, McAfee WebAdvisor On, Norton Identity Safe Off, Google Doc Offline On. Chrome Apps Docs On, Sheets On.
  • Dom_10330501
    Dom_10330501 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2019
    Just switched McAfee WebAdvisor Off and printing fine now  
  • Sonia Tilley
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Dom. I removed McAfee WebAdvisor and mine is working now too.
    I don't even know how that came to be installed. Never noticed it before today. 
  • Laurie N Shane Wicks
    edited November 2019
    Same here thanks