Reckon One Customer Contact has no field for persons name, but email template has and

Dave Dennis
Dave Dennis Member Posts: 29
edited February 2020 in Reckon One
I am testing out sending invoices via email from Reckon One, and I've noticed in the template it has <contact name> but it actually uses the company name to fill this field. It seems stupid to have <company name> and <contact name> options both displaying the business name. I think <contact name> should display an individual contact person's name (or "Accts dept" or whatever). There is no field to enter a "Contact person" name in the Customers screen.
As it it is the default email template outputs "Dear Full Business Name,..."
Stupid...

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Dave,

It depends on if the customer is setup as a business or individual.image

Regards,
    Shane.

• Dave Dennis
    edited October 2016
    There is still an inconsistency. Every CRM I've seen has options for a contact person at a client company (As did Reckon Accounts even at the basic level).
    My point is that the email template has a field option for both i.e. <contact name> and <company name>.  It looks very odd to have my email come up automatically as "Dear Business Name,". Also, as <contact name> is showing the business name then what is <company name> showing? Pointless having both as it is now.
  • Jaun-PaulGulliver
    Jaun-PaulGulliver Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    HI Guys, I have the same feedback. The invoice email template provides for a contact name yet I can't see where my contacts name or title is supposed to be added on the Contact pages.

Surely this is an error??? All the other accounting solutions I have used has always included a contact so you know who the invoice is supposed to be sent to. This makes sense does it not?

Please let me know I have made a mistake and simply cant see where this field is located.

• Paul Andrew Jones
    Paul Andrew Jones Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Has anyone seen a solution to this yet? I am having the same problem right now. It look stupid sending an invoice to "Dear Business Name"
  • Dave Dennis
    edited February 2017
    Shane, as you can see below there is some desire (not just me) to address this problem and I can't see there is a good logic for how it is now. PLeaseput in a request for a client contact name to be added and linked to the available invoice fields.
  • Dave Dennis
    edited February 2017
    Apart from the lame answer above I've not heard anything else, but I replied directly to Shane's response to look for something better to happen.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi folks,

I'll check in with the Reckon One team around any further developments in this area and will let you know.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dave Dennis
    edited November 2017
    Bump. Rav, you haven't responded to this and it's 9 months later. Has it been fixed?
  • Sonia Connon
    Sonia Connon Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2018
    When are we going to have a resolution to this issue.  We definitely need a contact name field in the Customer Contact for Businesses.  All companies need to have a contact person.
  • Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,039 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
  • Dave Dennis
    edited August 2018
    About flippin' time.
  • Natasha Loohuys
    Natasha Loohuys Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    this feature is make or break for me signing up to reckon. Is there a solution yet please?

• Glenn_10336226
    Glenn_10336226 Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2020
    Is this going to be set up any time soon? What a huge oversight!
  • Dave Dennis
    edited January 2020
    I do not understand why such a simple feature is taking so long to rectify?! This is nuts.
  • Andrew Blow
    Andrew Blow Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    When will this be fixed?
  • EricG
    EricG Member Posts: 2

OVER 5 YEARS.

That's how long this question about adding a contact name to an invoice has been requested.

And been ignored by Reckon.

Come on guys, lift your game.

You've increased the monthly cost of this program from $22 to $27.

I'll be looking for another accounting program which has this simple, basic feature.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@EricG

The ability to add individual contacts to customers in Reckon One is available. See info in the article linked below.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• EricG
    EricG Member Posts: 2

Thank you for responding.

I'll check it out.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Pretty civil response from the admin to such an arrogant comment. Particularly when you clearly don't know what you're talking about Eric.