Reckon One Enhancements (8 August 2016)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
Hi everyone!

Our Reckon One team have introduced a series of new enhancements to our cloud solution Reckon One which are now live!

New functionality included in this latest release are;

Batch Emailing
Batch emailing has been introduced to allow you to email payslips to all employees in one go!
This new function is available from within the pay run employee list page. When you create a new pay run or edit an existing pay run that has a status of 'Unpaid' you will see a new button called ‘Actions’. This button contains the batch emailing option called 'Email Pay Slips'.The 'Finish Pay Run' button is also located under the new ‘Actions’ button.

When viewing pay runs that have a status of ‘Paid’ you will see a new button called 'Email pay slips' 

When you click Email pay slips button, the email pay screen will appear displaying the email template setup from Email Settings. You will only be able to see the subject line and body content of the email. You can make changes to the subject and email body from here.

After clicking Send, the page will redirect back to the pay run list page. You will notice that the pay run being emailed shows a status of 'Processing'. This will remain as processing whilst the emails are being sent. While in this state, you will not be able to edit or open the pay run.

Once the emails have all been sent the status column will update to its previous state.
  • If the pay run status is unpaid at the time of emailing, the status will update to Unpaid
  • If the pay run status is paid at the time of emailing, the status will update to Paid.
A record of the emails being sent will appear in the email history page.

Payslips Email Template
Reckon One email settings now contain the email template for pay slips. You can now customize the email subject and body content to suit your own needs. Choose to include CC and BCC fields (Please note: CC & BCC fields are not available when batch emailing)

Leave Balances and Accrual Value Report
Reckon One Payroll now includes the Leave Balances and Accrual Value Report. This report shows employees leave balances at a given point in time.

The leave report will show data based on the leave item name. Each leave item will have its own section and displays employees that are linked to the leave items. It will only show for leave items set to Annual or Long Service. The report allows you to view 
  • All employees leave balances in the one area. 
  • The liability of leave in dollars
  • Produce leave balances as of a certain date.

Leave Loading
The requirement to show the leave loading component as a separate line item rather than combined into a single item has now been updated. 
The change has been implemented within the pay run page and on pay slips. When an annual leave pay item that includes leave loading is added to a pay run, the pay run and pay slips will show 2 lines.

Pay run 
Previously when the annual leave + loading item was added to the Pay run, the rate displayed was the OTE rate + loading rate. 
Now when you add the annual leave + loading item the rate will default to the employees OTE Rate

Once the annual leave line has been saved, the leave loading line will appear.

The loading line is not editable. The data from this line is based on the information entered against the Annual leave line. Whenever you update any of the details within the annual leave line the loading line will update as well. This applies to QTY, Date from, Date to, Customer and project columns.
The Cashout checkbox is not available on the loading line.

The Super calculations have also been updated to exclude the Loading amount. Leave loading does not attract Super.

Example

OTE Earnings = $4333.25, Annual leave = $250, leave loading = $43.75, Super = 9.5%
(OTE Earnings $4333.25 + Annual leave $250) multiply by Super rate 9.5% = $435.41

Payslip view example

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Jen_7630560
    Jen_7630560 Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2017
    Fantastic! I used the pay slip batch emailing yesterday, and will remember to set up the email template for next time. It was great to be able to do the leave accruals report, too, and I was able to identify a problem with some employee leave balances not being correct from my conversion (previously I was unable to easily check). It would be great to see Personal leave also showing on this report.
  • Nicole Stafford
    Nicole Stafford Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018
    Why has Reckon One updated the Super calculations to exclude leave loading?  My accountant is telling me that leave loading is subject to super.  How do I go about putting this in manually now?