RECKON ONE - GST codes missing from banking transaction table (aaragh! second time)

Bobber_9596277
Bobber_9596277 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2019 in Reckon One
Hi, was processing GST refund thru the banking receipt transaction this morning in ReckonONE and system does not find any GST accounts in its accounts selection table.  The account is active in the COA and I have used this account directly through banking in months gone by. Now again it does not recognise or find the account. This is the second time that this has occurred.  I can not proceed with reconciling bank account until fixed.  Please advise URGENT. 
This had occurred back in January18. Reckon ONE support advised me to follow a list of given CHROME reset instructions, but this did not work back then and has not worked this time round either. A tad frustrating and aspects like this should not happen and my confidence is slowly waning. 

Cheers, Roy

Comments

• Bobber_9596277
    edited March 2018
    Ok - it now appears that if I enter the GST refund BEFORE actually receiving it, the system won't let me select the GST code GST Payments and Refunds from the COA table.  But if I in downloading the bank data from the bank, it will let me select that GST code. After I have selected and reconciled the transaction, I can not change the code to another GST account code should I initially had it wrong.  However, if I hover with the cursor over the initially accepted GST code, I actually get the following code to select from the table  "46c157f6-6b91-4da6-a714-5f93b58d1085"..... What?? Oh come on...........  Please correct!!  Anyone else have this issue in ReckonONE??  Appears this has occurred before in December 2017.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2018
    Hello Bobber,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

The issue here is that the GST chart of account is a restricted account and exists to manage the allocation of the GST component through the tax code.  You cannot pass transactions directly to this account through the normal transaction entry forms (the account is not there for you to select).  Only the General Journal will allow you to post to this account directly.  However, it won't allow you to select a tax code so this entry will adjust the account balance on the Balance Sheet but will not appear on tax reports which extract their information from the tax code used.  If you wish your entry to reflect in a tax code then you'd be best to talk to an Accredited Partner on the best way to achieve this in Reckon One.

regards,
    John.
  • Bobber_9596277
    edited March 2018
    Hi John.  Many thanks for your reply. But I think you missed my point. Are you saying that I can not process a GST refund through the banking transaction receipt process directly to the GST Payments and Refunds account from the COA table ?  I have done this before until recently. So what has changed? A recent upgrade from ReckonONE?
    Cheers
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    28/03/2018

Hi Bobber,

Thank you for raising this issue.

Reckon One should allow you to enter a tax refund or tax payment via the receipt or payment transaction forms. This functionality was added to Reckon One in Nov_2016_update

I am able to reproduce this issue for receipts (payments seem to be ok). I have informed the Reckon One team to look into this.

Until this issue is resolved, a work around, as you mentioned, is to enter the receipt via the bank import

Another alternate work around is to enter the tax refund via a journal.

Regards,
    Scott.
  • Scott_6428906
    Scott_6428906 Reckon Staff Posts: 75 Reckon Staff
    edited July 2019
    11/04/2018

Hi Bobber,

This issue is now fixed. 

Regards,
    Scott.