reckon one quarterly reporting

Options
kevin yeong
kevin yeong Member Posts: 6
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Hi

I have been on the phone for the last 3 days with the reckon staff who have not been helpful whatsoever.

We are a small accounting practice and are having quite alot of trouble trying to get a straight answer from Reckon. The staff i am speaking to do not even know about any tax law whatsoever in regards to quarterly reporting of Micro employers.

In reckon one we can select a pay run for employees on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis but the ATO has allowed a concession where Micro employers (those with 1 - 4 employees) can report STP on a quarterly basis through their registered tax agent.

So a few the ideas about this issue are listed below:

1. I do not see a quarterly pay run option in reckon one

2. The staff are not trained enough to handle the simple questions regarding how their program can comply with the ATO requirements and they are an presenting themselves as an ATO approved solution for STP. The only answer we were given is there is no solution for that. Not good enough for the 50+ clients we would be getting on their monthly subscriptions.

2. Are we allowed to just do weekly/fortnightly/monthly pay runs and only submit that to the ato only at quarters end?

3. Can the payrun be done later, lets say for those micro employers who are not computer literate and who visit their accountant 1 time per quarter. So in this situation could you just input and process the payruns late (because you would not be doing it weekly) and then submit that to the ATO because they qualify for the concession. 

4. I was told that reckon one does not offer this scenario of lodging quarterly and that it must be done fortnightly. And that another reckon software allows this option. Price was around the $600 mark? is this even true that there is a platform in the reckon range that allows this quarterly reporting STP option. If this does exists which program?

5. If anyone has any insight into this problem please help. I apologies for my frustration showing through but all reckon has been doing its transferring me from one department to another for the last 3 days.

Thank for your time

Comments

• kevin yeong
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Kevin Russel We know which of our clients are eligible for the quarterly reporting concession. But my issue is Reckon does not have a method to facilitate this on behalf of the ATO. 

Are you using a software that allows the quarterly reporting option? if so please share.

Thanks
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Mmm, they did say they..... " are a small accounting practice'.....  does an accounting practice need an accountant or bas agent to answer Tax/lodgement questions?  Mind boggles?  
  • kevin yeong
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Guys yes we are a registered tax agent. We do not have a problem with the tax law with this matter. the problem relies upon the reckon software and staff not knowing how to approach the issue that micro employers can lodged quaterly STP reports. I.e there is no function at the moment that allows this and the staff themselves do not seem confident in what to do...
  • Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hi Kevin Yeong,

The STP has been quite a learning experience for us all....professionals and laymen.

We might think we are uploading a payrun....but we are not. We are uploading an update of the YTD gross, tax, super etc. Therefore if a mistake is corrected in a previous payrun, no need to upload again (unless of course it was after the FINALISATION)  as the YTD will be fixed in next pay upload.

The ATO are not adding last pay plus this pay etc, they are collecting overriding YTD figures. Hope this now makes more sense.
    So for the quarterly reporting micro businesses, you only need to upload the last pay in the quarter.

This is what Kevin Russell was meaning but I hope I have made it a bit clearer now.......... dont worry, we were all confused and baffled at one time! :)
     Gillian
  • Gillian_8166819
    Gillian_8166819 Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Kevin Yeong,

Also, at a seminar I attended, the ATO presenter said that if you go quarterly to do BAS, and with the concession in place, you can upload the last payrun of that quarter at that time.

Gillian
  • kevin yeong
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi Guys thanks for your reply and insight. And thank you Gillian for explaining it to me in detail. Based on what you said then really the dates do not matter as long as by years end the amounts are correct.