Reckon One - Single Touch Payroll (STP) - Reckon GovConnect - change of ABN

Tanya Read
Tanya Read Member Posts: 7
edited June 2019 in Reckon One
Hi

Our business has two ABNs. 

When registering Reckon One to Reckon GovConnect I used the WRONG ABN.

How do I undo this error and redo the registration using the correct ABN?

I have contacted Reckon support numerous times via email, but have not received a response.

thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Hi Tanya,
    Do you mean you used the wrong ABN entirely? ie. unrelated to your business and its two ABN's?

How did this occur? eg. Did you search using ABN number or search using company name?

I've searched using the email address of your Reckon Community account but couldn't find any GovConnect accounts, has it been created using a different email address?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tanya Read
    edited June 2019
    Hi

For legitimate reasons, we have two legitimate ABNs. 

When registering GovConnect in Reckon One, I used the wrong one by accident. 

I did not use the one linked to the ATO PAYG set up.  I need to register using the correct ABN, however I am unable to register using the correct ABN (I suspect because I have already registered)

I have both ABNs recorded and just picked up the wrong one in error.  I did not use a search to get the ABN, I have legitimate documents to refer to.

Yes, our Reckon has a different address then the one I used to create my account on this forum.

I have added the Reckon One log on email to my profile for your reference.  If there is a better way to communicate this to you privately, please let me know.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for getting back to me Tanya,
    Can you let me know both the incorrect ABN that has been registered currently and the correct ABN & legal business name that you need to register on GovConnect.

Unfortunately I don't think the email address has updated on your profile, when I search using the current one it doesn't bring up any results. Can you shoot it to me and the details above to community@reckon.com

Thanks.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tanya Read
    edited June 2019
    hi Rav

I have emailed you the details requested above.  thank you for your help.

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for that Tanya,
    Can I just confirm something else, when you attempt to register the correct ABN in the same Reckon Portal account, what message are you receiving?
    'Failed to create subscription' OR 'Unable to create subscription'?

I know they're pretty much the same message but they can mean two different things.

• Tanya Read
    edited June 2019
    Hi Rav

the message is "failed to create subscription"

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for that Tanya, in this case there are a couple of things that need to be done to get this right.

I'll need to take this to our STP and Portal teams to correct and there are a few steps to it so I'll let you know once I hear back from the teams on progress.

• Tanya Read
    edited June 2019
    thank you
  • Rav
    edited June 2019
    Hi Tanya,
    I’ve just received word that the dev teams have cleared up these issues.
    The incorrect ABN has been removed and the error affecting the registration of the *correct* ABN has also been rectified.

If you go ahead and login to your Reckon Portal account you’ll be able to register your ABN now without any problems.

Let me know how you get on.

• Tanya Read
    edited June 2019
    thank you.  I appear to have it all working now.  

I really appreciate your help with this.

• Rav
    edited June 2019
    Awesome! Thanks for letting me know Tanya :)