Reckon One STP pay file not showing correcting payment from and payment to dates and gross is $0

Helen Harding
Helen Harding Member Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Reckon One
I am new to Reckon One STP reporting and am doing my first pay run today.  I have successfully created a pay run but when selecting the pay run in the single touch payroll tab (in order to sent to GovConnect) the Payment From and Payment To dates are both showing as today's date only and the Gross(YTD) is $0 for all staff.  The PAYG(YTD) is correct.  I have entered the pay from and to dates correctly in the original pay run as 25/6/19 to 8/7/19.  

Comments

• Keith_10112512
    Keith_10112512 Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2019
    I've just checked our submission yesterday and can also confirm Gross payments is showing as 0.00 through mygov on an employee account.

Is this happening because the pay period is up to 30/6 Sunday, but pay is not being deposited until 1/7. Under ATO rules that payment falls into this financial year 19/20.

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/payg-withholding/payg-payment-summaries/

Is this an issue with the STP submission highlighted because the FYE was on a Sunday?
  • Keith_10112512
    edited October 2019
    Is this forum being moderated as there seem to be lots of questions being asked and not many responses.

Tried again to get the first payrun Gross Amounts to go through to STP but it still reports 0 as YTD figure despite the pay date being 1/7, and all payroll associated journals are dated 1/7.
  • kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Keith,
    I had the same problem and managed to find a workaround. This was confirmed by Reckon Technical support only today.

There appears to be a problem when this scenario exist. 
    Pay Ending Date: 30-June-2019 (Sunday)
    Payment Date : 1-Jul-2019 (Monday)

Not sure if it works for your scenario... The Pay Ending Date and Payment date must be in the new FY

Solution:

I undo the pay run and did an Unscheduled Pay run with the following parameter

Pay Ending Date: 1-Jul-2019

Payment Date : 2-Jul-2019

I just verified in GovConnect that my Gross (YTD) is now correct. 

• Keith_10112512
    edited July 2019
    Yeah I found the same thing, I was able use pay period up to 30/6 with a Paid Date of 2/7 and it worked fine, not good really.

Thanks for posting back. It would be good if reckon could provide some support huh.

Have since done 2nd payroll for next week and that seems to be back to normal so it just didn't seem to like this first payrun being from 1/7 - 1/7 (shown in STP), that's what made me think to try a paydate of the 2nd...
  • Peter Walton
    Peter Walton Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2019
    I have the same problem. The first pay end date 30/6/19 pay date 1/7/19 shows zero gross but other deductions correct, but the summary at the top shows the correct gross but it is not allocated to the employees.  I have now done the second payrun and the super and PAYG YTD figures are correct but the gross figure is still only the latest pay. The payslips show the correct YTD figures.
  • Peter Walton
    edited July 2019
    surely they could do a patch to make STP reporting consistent with payslips. I don't really want to undo past payruns to change dates, as last time I did that I ran into more problems.
  • Keith_10112512
    edited July 2019
    Totally agree we shouldn't be using work arounds on important topics like Payroll. There could be a lot of folks not even noticing the Gross is 0, I missed it at first!
  • Mandy Bonavita
    Mandy Bonavita Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019
    I just tried changing the date parameters and I am still getting a 0.00 amount
  • Peter Walton
    edited July 2019
    would be good to get a response from Reckon representative!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2020
    Hi guys,
    Really sorry this one went under my radar.
    Can I just confirm, do you all have the pay date set as 1 July 2019 when you encounter this?
    Based on some of the discussion above, it seems so but I just want to confirm to establish the recurring pattern among everyone.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Keith_10112512
    edited July 2019
    Hi Rav,
    Yes the $0 Gross figure was reported (STP) when the Payment Date was set to 1.7.2019, although the Super and PAYG was reported (non-zero) through STP.
  • Peter Walton
    edited July 2019
    pay week ended 30/6/19 date of payment 1/7/19. Payslips show correct YTD amounts but STP shows zero for the gross payments, but correct amounts for PAYG and Super. Have done the second pay for the financial year and still missing the first pays gross but all other amounts correct.
  • Mandy Bonavita
    Mandy Bonavita Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    I am having quite a few problems - Is there a phone number I can call to speak to someone
  • Karen F
    Karen F Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2019
    Same problem here as the pay period ended 30 June and payment was made 1 July. Is it possible to fix it for a future pay period submission as I have now entered 5 pay periods and YTD gross is incorrect, but PAYG and Super is ok.  I do not want to have to undo the payroll from 1 July now that I am at the end of the month and ready to submit SG data to SBSCH.
  • kenl90
    kenl90 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Rav... to your question if this happens when the pay date is set to 1July 2019. Answer is YES
  • Peter Walton
    edited August 2019
    do we have any answers on this problem yet? It should be simple to make the data sent to STP to match the data on the payslips.
  • Karen F
    edited August 2019
    HI Rav, Can you explain process for undoing a payrun from 1 July. Will I first have to undo the July bank rec as I've closed off the month? I've also had a termination so will presumably need to undo and re do and resubmit to ATO. Thanks
  • Peter Walton
    edited August 2019
    If they just fixed it so that STP reporting matched the payslips there would be no problem, don't know if they will fix it as no-one seems to be answering these posts for the last month.
  • Karen F
    edited August 2019
    Just hit a huge problem trying to redo the payrun as I couldn't amend the pay period to 1 July.  If I leave it as an undo payroll then YTD wage figures are still carried forward in Reckon. Tried deleting the payrun and start a new one but getting error message! 
  • Karen F
    edited August 2019
    Have gone back in and deleted every employee within original payrun so it is now zero, and starting a new payrun ending 2 July (just to be sure)...
    No that's not working either!! Can't delete and save with zero employees
  • Karen F
    edited August 2019
    I've spoken with technical help - there will not be a software solution to this until possibly next financial year. To fix this year I also have to undo payments related to this payroll (ie super) then should be able to deleted the payrun and start again.
  • Peter Walton
    edited August 2019
    That is not a satisfactory response. they only need to replace the formula they currently use for the STP with the formula they use for the payslips. Both should always be the same, the payslip formula reports the correct figures so shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to fix it. 
  • John Lim
    John Lim Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2019
    Hi All, I have the same problems when accountant retrieve quarterly report for company BAS; from July to Sept, July's gross payment shown ZERO, and Accountant called ATO, but was told to check with RECKON to solve the problems.
    However, this is the first time using STP on the Apps, either the apps having issue or we as user having problem using it.
  • John Lim
    edited October 2019
    Correct, the Apps show ATO Approved yet it still show Zero.
    And try to Resubmit July's payroll, but July doesn't show on the calendar anymore!
  • Peter Walton
    edited October 2019
    Reckon One has a problem that payslips and STP reporting do not match, but no-one from Reckon seems to want to rectify the problem. They advertise they are STP compliant but until they rectify this discrepancy they are not!! 
  • John Lim
    edited October 2019
    Hi Moderator.

Enclosed the report from my accountant.

The month of July show Zero although approved by ATO, and we have checked with ATO, They said they did not received any data for July.

• John Lim
    edited October 2019
    Hi Moderator.

Enclosed the report from my accountant.

The month of July show Zero although approved by ATO, and we have checked with ATO, They said they did not received any data for July.