Reckon One timeout and accounts enquirey use

Rod White_9512380
Rod White_9512380 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Reckon One
Hi , I tried to download from the accounts enquiry on Reckon One all info for last financial year. It kept timing out. Computer then droped out and i cannot get back in to the program as i am told the page is not working. What can i do? Rod

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Hi there Rod,
    Sorry to hear you've had issues this morning. When you retry to access the program, is it the main login page itself that is not loading back up or just the account enquiry report page?

Which browser are you using? Can you try clearing the browser cache and see if that helps?

Also, are you able to test on a different browser and see if it loads up?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rod White_9512380
    edited January 2018
    Hi Rav,
                I think it is trying to load the account enquiry  page when i push the launch open button. Tried also on my i pad no different. Tks. Rod
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for getting back to me Rod,
    Just had a word with the Reckon One folks about this to get their insight. Unfortunately, they've found that there indeed some hiccups at times with the Account Enquiry report when there is a large volume of data on the book however they have plans in place to improve report engine to address this.

I know this isn't ideal but if you run into issues when timing out on this particular report the workaround in the interim is to run it with a shorter date range ie. custom dates instead of Last Financial Year.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rod White_9512380
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Rav, How do I get back into the main program? Rod.
  • Rav
    edited July 2022

I'll get that checked up Rod, can you let me know what your Reckon One user name is please?

• Rav
    edited January 2018
    Hey Rod,
    Just been advised that this should be fixed up for you now. Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
    Rav

• Rod White_9512380
    edited January 2018
    All Good. Thanks for your help.
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2018
    01/02/18

Hi Rod,

If this issue happens again, here is a work around for you. 

Issue:
    A timeout error occurs when opening my book. The last page I accessed was the account enquiry report for a period with a considerable amount of data.
    In this scenario your will see an error, like the screenshot below.

Work around:
    In this scenario the account enquiry report is timing out. It was the last page accessed for the book so it’s now the default page when opening the book. The URL in your browser will be like this

The yellow section is your book ID, so it won’t be the same as shown above. Your book will have a unique book id.

The green section is the report ID, the report ID for the account enquiry report is 5e5be443-32cd-41de-bef0-537fe85ec1a0

1. Click into any part of the report ID in the URL & add a few letters or number so that the ID becomes invalid.

For example, change from "5e5be443-32cd-41de-bef0-537fe85ec1a0" to this "123abc5e5be443-32cd-41de-bef0-537fe85ec1a0" 

2. Refresh the page
    3. You will now get an error, like the screenshot below.

4. Just ignore the error. You should now be back in your book & have access to the left navigation menu & top menu options, you should now be able to navigate to another page in your book to continue using Reckon One.  

Cheers.