Reckon One UPDATE (8 February 2018)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2020 in Reckon One
Hi everyone,

Reckon One has received an update this morning which has brought in a number of enhancements which are now live.

Check out the details of today's update below.

*NEW* PAYROLL SETUP
Payroll has a new basic and advanced setup area which can be accessed from the side bar under the Payroll menu and is now the default setup option.
If you'd like to access the previous setup menu this is still available by going through the Settings menu.

Payroll setup is now split into a Basic and Advanced mode. 
  • Basic setup asks you for the minimal information required to be able to complete a pay run in terms of the company setup. 
  • Advanced setup asks more questions that a bookkeeper or accountant is more likely to setup, and those required for ATO forms. 
To flick between the two setups is easy, just click between the two options shown below. All fields that you had access to previously in the old setup can be accessed here.

The new payroll setup also contains a Pay Items tab. 
This tab allows you to view the pay items by category or as a whole (including leave items) easily and in a list format. From there you can open the existing item and edit it, or create a new item if required.

REQUEST ADDITION OF SUPER FUNDS
If your Super fund is not listed in our APRA provided lists, you can now request to have it added directly through Reckon One rather than contacting the contact centre. Adding a request through Reckon One will go directly to our development team and they will add it as soon as possible.

To submit a missing Super fund request, just click the 'My super fund is not listed' link and you will be asked for more information about the fund.

UPDATED TERMINOLOGY IN BANKING/RECONCILIATION PAGES
The tab previously named 'Allocate' is now named 'Reckon One transactions' and contains additional summary text to explain the uses for this area.

The tab previously named 'New' is renamed 'Transactions from bank' and contains additional summary text to explain the uses for this area.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• John Overweel
    John Overweel Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2018
    This is great!

However, the site is still down. Could you please set up the portal so that it shows a message that it's undergoing maintenance? It shows a complete blank screen so I'm checking my WiFi, internet access, trying on a different browser, etc. All wasting my time. This has been my experience every time the site is unavailable for whatever reason. 

Please fix!!!
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for getting in touch John, and sorry to hear you're having trouble. 

We've just tested the Portal and all looks ok for us at the moment. We did have an issue very similar to what you're describing on Monday but was resolved the same morning. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and then retrying to see if that helps at all? 

Please let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• John Overweel
    John Overweel Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2018
    Hi Rav, Thanks for responding so quickly.
    I have cleared the cache in my Chrome browser and retried logging in to https://portal.reckon.com/ but it still comes up blank even after refreshing using F5

What do I do?

• Rav
    edited February 2018
    Splitting off to own thread Please reference the new conversation here: Portal login issue

• Edward Taylor
    Edward Taylor Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    Gday Rav,

any update on the blurry logo image issue please? Did this bug fix make it into this update?
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    Hi Edward,
    I've just replied on the other thread in relation to this.

• Wendy Ennor
    Wendy Ennor Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi Rav,

When are we going back to the new platform.  This old one that we are one is very slow and also clunky.
  • Rav
    edited February 2018
    Posted on Reckon One thread. Relates to Reckon Accounts Hosted. Please reference the new conversation here: When are we going back to the new platform?

• vic_9500082
    vic_9500082 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2018
    i guess this update does not fix reckon 2013 standalone issue of fail to print and fail to attached invoice pdf! when do you think they will come out with a patch for that.