Reckon Online Payroll - Direct Deposit feature - how do I set this up (beyond updating employees ban

rose ivory
rose ivory Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I assume that somehow (once Employee profile has been updated with an employees bank details) Reckon will somehow interact with my bank account in order to deduct the wage amount from my bank account and send it off to our employee. However what do I need to do to set this up? Do I need to have a particular type of bank account etc? Will Direct Deposit work automatically, even when I am on holiday, or does someone need to sign in and tell Reckon to run the pays?

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Rose,

Nothing is automated due to security & privacy reasons, you don't want it to be either!

You need to setup a bank account in the chart of accounts to be used for your online banking, then you need to set the employees to be paid by bank(online), then after you process the payroll it will be entered into the online banking centre, where from there you can create a file to upload to the bank.

Although this seems like a complicated process, it is actually quite simple once you know what to do, and pick up any tricks & tips along the way!

Feel free to contact me for a remote appointment if you think that may help.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017

Is there a video on how to do this?  And is this totally different to what people are calling Bank Feed?

Kerryn

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Kerryn,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

There are two processes in Online Banking:
    Payment files (*.ABA files) to upload to your bank portal (this used to be the only scope of "online banking")
    Bank Feeds to import transactions posted to your bank account into your company file for processing.

For Payment files you'll first have to establish an online banking facility with your Bank - they will give you an APCA number.  Then follow the Help files (search: ABA) for guides to the various elements.  

For Bank Feeds view the videos on our Youtube channel:

Signup for BankData:

Configure Company File for BankData 

Process Imported Bank Transactions 

Create Transaction rules 

Apply Transaction Rules 

There's also a written guide for configuring your company file here.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Jeff Schwisow_7927964
    Jeff Schwisow_7927964 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2017
    So what I gather from this thread, and the feedback from Tech Services, is that the direct deposit function in payroll doesn't actually do anything other than populate an ABA file (and I'm pretty shaky on whether it does that). The only workflow advantage to using an ABA file to make direct deposits comes when you have enough employees that paying each one individually requires more effort than setting up the ABA file (and all that goes with it). 

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,
    Jeff.