reckon payroll and payslips holiday owing do not match up

kathy ridley_8898798
kathy ridley_8898798 Member Posts: 4
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi, i have just done a payrun and one of my employees showed that they had 20 hours of leave available in reckon, they wanted a pay run done for a weeks holiday, so i did another pay run and this showed up as -17.6 hours (asked me if istill wanted to pay them holiday pay) but on their payslip, it shows up as they still have 17.48 owing to them????? can anyone help me with this?

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Kathy,

Start by backing up your company file.  Then go into the employees leave details and remove their leave available so its blank (not 0 but blank).  Then do a rebuild on the file.  After this go back into the employees leave details and enter the amount of leave they should have available.  Do a test payrun for that employee, and check that the payslip shows the correct available leave, and also that the employees leave details do also.  If so great.  If not move on to the next work around below...

Create a new employee card for this employee, and enter a YTD adjustment for their wages, payg, super, etc.  On the YTD adjustment tick the box "Do not affect accounts" so that the YTD adjustment doesn't affect your bank account, expenses and liabilities.  Then go into their leave details and setup the correct amount available, and used.  Make the old employee card inactive.  Going forward use the new one.  At year end only create payment summary for the new one.  The YTD adjustment should make sure all amounts on the payment summary are correct.

Hopefully the first will fix the issue to save you setting up the new employee card, but if not this would be the only way around it sorry.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Shane.