Reckon Personal Accounts 2016 hangs when print to pdf

st_6872571
st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
Hope someone can help, I'm using Reckon Personal Account 2016 on Windows 7 Pro.

Everytime I try and print a report to a PDF file my system hangs and my only option is to do a re-boot.   I've tried both the Adobe PDF printer file and Foxit PDF printer file.   Both these work for other programs.   

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    According to this thread, the issue has something to do with 32/64 bit systems - though no solution forthcoming.    My system is 64 bit.     

Reckon Techs - any update on this?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steven,

Very sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately there is no solution for this issue on Windows 7.

As John has outlined in the post you've linked to, it is a result of an application that was originally written in 32-bit (as the Reckon Accounts Personal range was) that has been upgraded to work on a 64-bit Operating System however the issue is the OXPS driver being written with the Windows 8 and up operating systems but not being backward compatible with Windows 7 unfortunately.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Rav, though it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Surely, there must be a ship load of users still using Windows 7.   A fix would clearly be possible, but Reckon are refusing to do so.  

I am annoyed as I paid $120 yearly subscription last November and yet the program is not functioning as it should.
  • st_6872571
    edited July 2016
    My reliance on Reckon Personal Accounts, that is, being locked-in to the Reckon data, is nearly at an end.   The PDF problem is just another nail in the coffin.   I will not be renewing my subscription in November.

Thanks to a tip I came across about Ctrl-Shift-Z, I was able to export all data as QIF files.   I've subsequently written conversion routines to convert the QIF data to normalised and correct double-entry data tables.   This includes all foreign exchange transactions and share-trading.   I know this is not for everyone, but at least now I'll have full control.
  • st_6872571
    edited June 2018
    A work-around, if you can call it that, is  to install PDFCreator and print to that.   It works.

Thanks must go to Gary Pope for this.