Reckon Personal Plus 2020 - error code 7277

Options
Peter Milne
Peter Milne Member Posts: 5
I am having a problem trying to enter new share transactions in Reckon Personal Plus 2020. When I press the "Enter Transaction" button, a dialogue box appears saying it has encountered a problem - error code 7277. Once I press the "send report" button, the program closes down.image

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hi Peter,
    In the first instance, please check out the information and steps listed in this Knowledgebase article - 
    Reckon Accounts Personal Range crashes when entering a transaction

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Peter Milne
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello Rav

I have undertaken your suggested workarounds but it still crashes when I press the "enter transaction" button.

Frustrating.

Is there a technical issues department at Reckon that I can speak to as .... as I only just bought Reckon Accounts last week ... after this problem arose in my old version of Quicken 2010.
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Peter,
    Open the sample file that comes with Personal Plus and try to do the transaction in that.

Call me if you need a hand.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Peter Milne
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Now that is interesting Gerry.

I opened the sample file and the "enter transaction" worked. Plus, if I then kept the program open and opened the most recent QDF file, the "enter transaction" button works fine and it brings up the "Buy - Shares Bought" dialogue box the enter the transaction.

However, if I close down the program and then re-open, the unexpected error issue happens again.

Interestingly, the problem doesnt happen if I go through the sample file process and then open the recent QDF file.

So, I have a workaround ..... but the issue obviously isnt solved and need some assistance from Reckon on how the compleletly fix the issue.

If you know of how this can be fixed, i would certainly appreciate you suggestion.

Cheers

Peter
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Just call me and we can work thru it.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• GerryWinter
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Peter,
    I could be a simple matter of uninstalling the program and reinstalling it making sure that it goes into the correct location and then do a validate on your data file also make sure your data file is located in the optimum location, not other drive locations.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"