reckon personal plus trial

ecco
ecco Member Posts: 15
I'm wanting to trial reckon personal plus 2017. Can anyone tell me if you can trial it using your existing data file. I'm using Quicken 2006 and it's playing up so I need to migrate everything. Last time I tried to trial this all the share prices and currency history didn't restore and I couldn't sort it with Reckon. That was a year ago. Just interested to hear from anyone who has trialled Reckon Personal plus, whether they were able to restore their old quicken file.

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited May 2019
    It should be ok just follow the instructions.

Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2017
    Hi Karin,

Check out our Personal Plus 2017 Installation and Upgrade Guide for full info

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• ecco
    edited June 2017
    Hi I just had another question my quicken 2006 file must have got corrupted because when I restore a backup the currency lists and stock quotes won't come through. Just confirming they should just open automatically when the qdf file is opened. I am thinking about going to reckon personal plus. Is it possible le to import share transaction history off a Csv file. I could generate one of those from my quicken reports. Also would you recommend the hub investor or inputting the stock prices manually? I don't have a huge amount to input.
  • ecco
    edited June 2017
    hi rav

Just another question as I'm trialling reckon personal plus 2017. When I generate an investment performance report do you know if the exchange rate gain or loss on the share purchase is calculated in the average annual return (along with the gain or loss on the share price alone)?

Also when you open the customise box for the investment performance report there is a tick box option at the bottom of the customise box for 'transaction exchange rate'. What does this mean when it is ticked?
  • ecco
    edited June 2017
    Hi Rav
    Sorry about all the queries.
    I have downloaded the trial of reckon personal plus 2017 finally. I am running it on my 27inch imac via parallels on windows 10. It downloaded alright and I could look at the sample file, however the box that you use to input the registration number is minimised very small. There is no way of increasing the size so I can input any registration number. I have tried different dispay settings but can still not get the box to enlarge so that I can see the space where the licence key/rego number should be inputted. It is like it's minimised permanently.

Just wanted to know is there any way of registering the RAP without having to enter the key via this dialog box or is the only option to buy a PC based laptop to run RAP? As you can imagine I'm not keen on doing this.