Reckon Portal Issues - Current Status ~ 29 May

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

As you're aware, our teams delivered the brand new Reckon Portal last week which comes with a whole host of new features.

For some users though, it hasn't been the smoothest transition and been a rather bumpy ride over the last few days. The teams fully recognise that and I'd like to sincerely apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused.

The majority of issues that were raised last week have been resolved. There are however a couple that the teams are currently working on -
  • Receiving a "Application has encountered an unknown error" message when attempting to open a Reckon One book. This issue is not widespread and appears to be affecting a small number of users only.
  • The inability to perform certain actions within a Reckon One book eg. add invoices, add bills, receive payments etc.

This is our highest priority at the moment and our Portal & Reckon One teams are working on addressing these issues with the utmost urgency.

CLICK HERE FOR LATEST UPDATE
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,120 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav
I have not been able to use the Reckon Portal since 24 May.  The save buttons are not working.  I really need someone to address these issues for me
Photo of Felicity

Felicity

• 60 Points
I can log into the mobile app but can't see any of my books (or clients books). I have logged into the website and can access books from there. My client is unable to open his book through the mobile app and the website.
Photo of Lisa Garratt

Lisa Garratt

• 60 Points
Is there any idea when these issues will be resolved? We have been unable to use Reckon One since the upgrade and I have phoned Customer Service every day since, constantly being told someone will call me back with information which to date has not happened.I have very unhappy clients and I'm not massively impressed myself!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 83,986 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm really sorry to hear that Lisa, can certainly understand how frustrating of an experience that is for both your clients and yourself.

While the majority of issues have been resolved, the team are investigating cases of some users being looped back to the Portal page when attempting an action in their book and also issues between Reckon One and Paypal.

In terms of the more common one at this stage which is the looping problem, our Portal and Reckon One teams are working closely to rectify this. I appreciate that its taking some time which we're disappointed about however from what I understand they do need to tread carefully in order to not further adversely impact Reckon One services.

Be assured, the teams are doing everything they can to put this right and I'll post a further update with info on progress as it comes to hand.
Photo of Daniell Cordes

Daniell Cordes

• 70 Points
I am unable to access reckon one via firefox and receive the following error message:
ecure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to portal.reckon.com. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_invalid_signing_cert)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.
Photo of Daniell Cordes

Daniell Cordes

• 70 Points
Still unable to access via Firefox. 
Photo of Chris P

Chris P

• 800 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Daniell,
Yes I'm up watching Murray v Wavrinka :)
I can't log in with Chrome on my mac. But can with Firefox.
I CAN log in with Chrome on my wife's mac.
Don't think this is a Reckon issue.
I know you would have favourites and bookmarks. But I suggest uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling.

Chris
Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

Hi Rav
I got Reckon One working yesterday through Safari.  I am not going to thank you all for your help because that is not the case.  To add to my frustration I received my monthly account from you.  Suprising given I have not been able to use the software for over 20 days.

you still haven't informed me as to how I export thew data to another provider
Photo of Yasmin

Yasmin

• 396 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav

Love the new portal, and thanking my lucky stars I haven't experienced any of the issues above.

I appreciate you're busy sorting these out but I do have one complaint.

In the new portal, clients that have been given admin acces to their book can now see *all* of my books, not just their own. I have checked, and they can only open their own book (thank goodness!) - they get an error when trying to open someone else's book. However this is still a breach of client confidentiality, since my clients can now see who else is a client. Please can you fix this?

Thanks in advance
Yasmin
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Yasmin,

I've spoken to the Portal team in relation to your query, they've advised this occurs when a Partner creates a book on their own account and adds the client as a contact. Effectively, the client has become a staff member on the partner’s account.

Its pretty easy to resolve, and there's a write up below.
  • Take note of the client user details (mainly username and email address)
  • Take note of the book they are supposed to have access to. (The book name)
  • Go to the ‘Staff’ section and locate the client user in the list. Click the red trash can icon and click ok on the confirmation message. Don’t panic, this does not delete the user itself, it simply removes the customer from the parter’s company. 
  • The client can then log into the portal. When they do, they will be greeted with a screen asking them to select their closest country. Once the country is selected, the client will see the dashboard with an option to get get started for free. (No need to click this button)
  • The partner will then locate the book that the client needs to access. Click on the settings icon for that book and select ‘Share’. Under the share heading, enter in the client’s username and click the share button. 
  • Once the roles have become available, select a role from the list. (Note, these roles are coming from Reckon One). Once the role has been selected, click the tick icon. 
At this point, the client can then log in, go to the ‘Shared with me’ tab and open the book.

I would also recommend checking out this Portal support article and video on Sharing a Book in the new Reckon Portal -
Create new user in Reckon One, Delete the user, share the book with accountants

(Edited)
Photo of Tony

Tony

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Rav, Mate I still have a problem with Reckon One. The problem involves trying to receive payment for an invoice. I can not receive a payment for an invoice by selecting it from the list of invoices, by that I mean where there is a list of invoices with little squares to the left, when I select the invoice I want, the option comes up with delete or receive payment, it goes to the next stage, but after filling in the details I can not save the payment, it just sits there and does nothing. I am able to complete the task if, I open the invoice itself, by pressing the invoice number, and then select receive payment option from the invoice page, it will save then.
Thanks
Tony
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hey there Tony,

Which browser are you using when you encounter this problem? Does the same thing happen on an alternative browser as well?

Let me know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Tony

Tony

Hi Rav,
The problem is when using Firefox. I have the lasted updated version 54.0, updated two minutes ago, the same problem still exists after update.
I am able to complete the task when using chrome, updated version 59.0.3071.86
This is a small minor problem, but it still indicates a compatibility problem with firefox.
Cheers
Tony
Photo of Tony

Tony

Rav,
Still have the same problems with Reckon one that I mentioned in my previous posts, I have now found that I have a problem with the create estimates option. I just tried to create an estimate, and have a similar problem with the other faults, that is, you can enter information, but you are unable to save. This only happens when using Firefox, all features appear to work correctly in Chrome.
I assume a team is working on making Reckon one compatible with Firefox, obviously you guys must recognize that there is a problem.
Hoping for some good news soon.
Cheers
Tony
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Tony,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Yes the team have been looking at issues appearing on some versions of Firefox affecting the ability to save. It doesn't seem to happen on all versions of Firefox.

Can you let me know the full version number you are using when encountering this issue?

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Tony

Tony

Rav,
The problem is when using Firefox. I have the latest updated version 54.0, updated two minutes ago, the same problem still exists after update.
I am able to complete the tasks when using chrome, updated version 59.0.3071.86
Thanks
Tony
Photo of Jeff O'Donnell

Jeff O'Donnell

• 60 Points
I am missing my second book.
Still.
After.
three.
weeks.
of .
calls.
to.
support.
Not.
even.
any.
acknowledgement.
from.
tech.
Xero is looking pretty good right now.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

That certainly doesn't sound too good Jeff. Where are things at right now? Is the book itself missing ie. it's not visible on screen or are you unable to launch it? 

Is it your own book or a book that has been shared with you?
Photo of Jodie

Jodie

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is there a direct contact to portal team,because i am over this...... been on hold for 15 minutes so far :(
(Edited)
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 27,510 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jodie,

To delve further into your issue could you please send through the username you use to access your Book.  Send to community@reckon.com.

regards,
John
Photo of Jodie

Jodie

Hi John,
              Thank you for above information, however I have been doing that since the 30th of May and I am still not able to get into my system.  This has been going on since then it is beyond a joke, my committee is looking at me in disguised and I am not sure if I will keep my job when it comes back up because of the issue we have had since changing from hosted to reckon one at my suggestion. 
(Edited)
Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

Jodie I hear you frustration.  I only just fixed the problem I was having since the up grade on the 29 May.  I am still waiting for someone to get back to me from my last post which is about 2 weeks ago.
Photo of Jodie

Jodie

Heather, very frustrated as I only get paid for hours that I work and it is very hard to work when you do not have a system that works.  Can I ask how you fixed your problem?
Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

I removed Firefox and used a different browser
Photo of Jodie

Jodie

ok, thanks I might give that ago.  I have tried using microsoft edge but have not removed firefox..
Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

I have a Mac so I used safari but I imagine you could try google
Photo of Jodie

Jodie

Just downloaded Safari and then Google chrome and still have loop problem :(
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jodie,

This looping issue you're experiencing is not related to your browser unfortunately. I know that the team were thoroughly investigating your case on Friday and I will recheck with them tomorrow for an update.

Thanks
Rav
Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

Hi Jodie at least Rav got back to you I am still waiting for him to reply to my message
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Heather, 

Can you let me know what your outstanding query is around the Portal/issues etc?
Photo of Heather Dunn

Heather Dunn

Your lack of communication and follow through is the biggest issue in the end I had to resolve the problem I had myself

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.