Reckon Portal rollout & Reckon One outage - 24 May 2017

• Article
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi everyone,

We're really excited to give you a further update on the Reckon One portal. Following last week's postponement, our teams have been hard at work and we're ready to go live on Thursday 25 May 2017!

The new Portal will make it easier to manage your Reckon One book, profile, settings and much more!

The teams will be hard at work bringing this to you starting Wednesday 24 May 2017 and as this is a major update, there are two stages to the rollout with varying levels of impact to Reckon One services so please take note of the details below.

STAGE 1
An outage with limited provisioning access will start on Wednesday 24 May 2017 from:

Australia: 3:00pm - 8:00pm (AEST)
New Zealand: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (AEST)
United Kingdom: 6:00am - 11:00am (BST)

You can still log in and continue working on your Reckon One books during this time, however, you will not be able to upgrade/downgrade book modules, purchase new books or access the Control Panel on Provisioning in this period. 
Signing up as a new Reckon One user will also not be available however if you're interested in giving Reckon One a go and are unable to sign up during this period, simply pop in your details HERE and we'll be in touch first thing on Thursday.

STAGE 2 
A full outage to all Reckon One services will begin at the following times starting on Wednesday 24 May 2017 -

Australia: 8:00pm - 4:00am (AEST)
New Zealand: 10:00pm - 6:00am (NZST)
United Kingdom: 11:00am - 7:00pm (BST)

You will not be able to log in & access your Reckon One books during this time.
We strongly advise Reckon One users to log off the system before the Stage 2 full outage times listed above.

The Reckon One mobile app will also be unavailable during this period.

We're expecting to have everything wrapped up as soon as we can and if anything changes in regard to any of the timeframes listed above we'll let you know with further updates right here.

We're aiming to keep this major update as short as possible so that you'll be back up and running in no time to explore all the benefits the new Reckon One Portal has to offer.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during this. If you have any questions, please let us know.

LATEST UPDATE ON THIS THREAD HERE
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 49,602 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
  • Happy

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi everyone

The Reckon Portal rollout has begun!

Please check out the above post for full details on our current timeframes and the impact to Reckon One services while the team is busy delivering the brand new shiny portal!

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during this time, and if you have any questions please let us know
Photo of Red n Black Ninja

Red n Black Ninja, Accredited Partner

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Rav. Excellent communication to stakeholders.. getting excited!

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi again folks,

The team have now moved on to stage 2 of the Reckon Portal rollout.

As outlined above, in this stage all Reckon One services are currently unavailable.

The teams are working extremely hard and we're really excited for you all to experience the new Reckon Portal in a few hours.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience this causes in the meantime. If you have any questions please let us know.
Photo of Alex Wild

Alex Wild, Alum

• 74 Points

Hi Everyone, 

The Reckon Portal rollout is still in progress. The outage for Reckon One is still ongoing, but should be resolved in the next hour. 

We’ll check in and let you know as soon as the outage has ended. 

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during this time, and if you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks

Alex Wild

Photo of Alex Wild

Alex Wild, Alum

• 74 Points

Hi Everyone, 

We are excited to announce that the new Reckon Portal is live! You can now log into the new Reckon Portal with your existing login details. 

To login click here: portal.reckon.com 

This new link will get you to the new sign in page. Feel free to replace any existing bookmarks you have saved with this new URL. 

Thank you for your patience during the outage and we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Alex Wild

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 48,400 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi again Naomi,

When you've got a moment, can I please grab your customer ID and Reckon One user name to send to the team for their investigation.

Flick it over to community@reckon.com when you can

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Naomi Kohler

Naomi Kohler

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am also unable to access the few shared books that I do have.  will this be resolved today?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks for your email Naomi and I'm really sorry for the hassle and inconvenience this is causing you at the moment. I've sent your details through to the Reckon One portal team to take a look at and they are currently investigating. I'll check back in with you as soon as I hear back.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Michelle Youl

Michelle Youl

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can't access my book! It just opens a new tab, the loads the same portal front page again, where it shows my book name. This happens every time I click "open app"

AND I had to reset my password just to be able to log in, because it wouldn't recognise my password.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Apologies for all the hassle you've had to go through so far Michelle!

We're currently looking into the issue where opening books loops back to the portal page as we speak. Check out my update post toward the bottom of this thread.

I'll update the thread with more info below as soon as I can. Thank you so much for your patience so far.

Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 25/5 9:10am*

An update for our Reckon One mobile app users -

You may notice an update (version 3.3) in the App Store for the Reckon One mobile app. Unfortunately, updating to this version will cause issues with login to your Reckon One through the app.

We have a new update (version 3.5) in the works which will resolve this problem and is currently awaiting release which shouldn't be far off. I'll update the thread as soon as this becomes available.

For our Android app users, version 3.5 is already available on the Google Play Store HERE
Photo of Jodie

Jodie

• 522 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
system does now not recognise my login?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Jodie,

If you can flick me your Customer ID and Reckon One user name along with a screenshot of your error message when logging in to community@reckon.com I'll try to see where things are at with our Portal team.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of David Young

David Young

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also am getting user/pass not recognised
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi David,

Just checking, as above are you getting this message when logging in with your existing Reckon One user name? (Not user ID number)
Photo of David Young

David Young

That's correct using the user name and password
Photo of Nicole Penfold

Nicole Penfold

• 60 Points
I have had to reset my password as it was not recognised and as soon as I do, it says the password is wrong.
I am also very frustrated that BAS is due very soon and I can't get online to finalise my files.. very bad timing Reckon
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 9:20am*

Hi everyone,

We're really happy to announce the new Reckon Portal is live!

The next time you login to Reckon One, you'll be able to access our brand new Reckon Portal!

It's been a massive effort from a number of teams and we're really excited for you all to get your hands on the Reckon Portal and give it a go!

There are a couple of areas that are currently being investigated;

Shared Books - We're aware that some users are not able to see some shared books and are looking into this as we speak.

Reckon One mobile app - As per the previous update post here, we have a new iOS app update (version 3.5) which will be available very soon. This will resolve login issues for Reckon One app users on the current version 3.3.

Stay tuned to this thread, further updates on all things Portal & the areas under investigation above will be posted here as soon as possible.
Photo of NewsAlert PR

NewsAlert PR

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Company account details lost.

Hi all - I have tried to login this morning to reckon one and there doesnt seem to be any company details connected to my account sine the changeover? 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 48,440 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there NewsAlert,

Did you login with your existing Reckon One username/email address and password or create a new account by any chance?
Photo of Red n Black Ninja

Red n Black Ninja, Accredited Partner

• 498 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is the problem I think!  

Existing Books users - You need to log on with your Reckon ID & Password - not your alias - and definitely not  Google  as it will create a new ReckonOne User - which is not linked to your Books

Do not log in with 

through
(Edited)
Photo of NewsAlert PR

NewsAlert PR

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav...no, I logged in in the same way I always log in...from a shortcut on my tabs...definitely not through google or microsoft.  I also tried to log in using my customer number (taken from the invoice i received a couple of days back) and it says it is not recognised
Photo of David Young

David Young

I'm unable to login in, I get an error saying username/password do not match.
All was working fine before the move to the new portal.
Currently been on hold for over 10 minutes. 
I was planning to do some invoicing this afternoon.
Photo of David Young

David Young

ok have sent details through now
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Cheers David,

Got it and have forward to the team. An update though, I've heard from the Portal team as there have been a handful of similar cases come through in the last few minutes. They've identified the cause of the issue and are looking at rolling out a fix hopefully within the next 45 mins.

Will keep you posted and apologies for the hassle this causing.
Photo of David Young

David Young

Thanks for the update.
Photo of Michael Crocombe

Michael Crocombe

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
cannot login .  I need a  quick resolution to this.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I've responded to your post immediately below this.

Thanks
Rav

Michael Crocombe

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my credentials do not work. What do I do.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Apologies for this!

Can you please reset your Reckon One password via the portal and try logging in now. This should restore your access.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 25/5 3:00pm (AEST)*

Hi everyone,

If you are currently experiencing issues logging in to your Reckon One services via the new portal can I please ask that you reset your password now and retry login.

Your access should be restored after undertaking this in the interim while we resolve the issue in full.

We are also looking into an issue where upon clicking 'Open app' you are taken back to the portal screen.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration this is causing.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle Youl

Michelle Youl

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I really don't understand what was wrong with the previous portal. This one looks awful. :(

Michael Crocombe

I have the   'Open app' issue
Photo of David Young

David Young

Thanks, password reset has got me into the portal, but I'm experiencing the issue you described where "open app" takes me back to the portal page
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Thanks guys and apologies again for the rough time you're having this afternoon.

We're working on the issue where opening your Reckon One book loops back to the portal page as we speak. I'll keep you posted with more info as soon as I have it.

Hang in there guys! :( 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Ok I have some good news! I've just received confirmation that the team have fixed the issue. I've just tested as well and my book opened correctly.

Give it a try and let me know how you get on

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Had the same issues, reset pwd got me in, book opens.... unreconciled txns are missing.
Photo of David Young

David Young

It appears to be up and running now, thanks
Photo of Naomi Kohler

Naomi Kohler

Hi Rav

I still have no access to shared books, BAS deadline is tomorrow PL:US payruns! 

This needs to be resolved ASAP. 

Also had the problem of entering in information once logging out and back in again it disappeared. 
Such poor timing Reckon
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Naomi,

If I'm not mistaken, you are a Reckon Partner so just want to check something with you. When you're logged in to the Reckon Portal can you please select "Partners" on the left and then select the "Clients" tab at the top.

Do the shared files appear now in this section?

This area is designed specifically for partners and will be expanded in future updates of the portal.

Let me know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Naomi Kohler

Naomi Kohler

Great thank you for letting me know where to find the shared files.  A whole day wasted with this.  Where is the email notifying of what was changed?
Photo of Andrew Stopps

Andrew Stopps

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello, I too am unable to login. I have reset my password, but still it won't allow login. 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Andrew,

The team have just pushed through another fix. Can you please try logging in as normal now? If that fails, please reset your password via the portal once more then login.

Let me know how you go

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Andrew Stopps

Andrew Stopps

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am in and everything looks good for me
Photo of Geoff Andrews

Geoff Andrews

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi. Did anyone at Reckon think a complete meltdown of the system was worth notifying users of by email ? !!!.  I have wasted time thinking I was doing something wrong,  and only resorted to this forum after trying phone support (no answer), etc. 
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Really sorry about that Geoff, can definitely appreciate how frustrating that is.

As mentioned just above, the portal team have just pushed through another fix to address the login access issues. Can you please login again and failing that, reset your password once more and retry after this.

Let me know if you have any further difficulty

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Geoff Andrews

Geoff Andrews

I don't have a problem logging in. 
But when I do get in, I can't access any data or functions.
Photo of Geoff Andrews

Geoff Andrews

I simply get a message saying:
"You don't have permission to view any of the widgets.In the mean time, check out the menu on the left to see what else you can do."
(The menu on the left is empty, so I can't "do anything else")

As the Administrator of this account, I should be able to view everything, but I can view nothing.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Definitely doesn't sound ideal!

Can I just clarify, is this after launching your Reckon One book (ie. you are in Reckon One itself), or when you are still within the portal area prior to selecting "Open App" on your book?
Photo of Geoff Andrews

Geoff Andrews

Hi Rav, 

I now have access to my data, after clicking on 'Open App' (something definitely changed in the last 30 minutes.

I'd suggest that next time there is a big upgrade, it is done over the weekend, and not at the end of the month, and please let customers know if there is a problem (by email).  Just a thought. 
Photo of Steph Luck

Steph Luck

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have had no issues with logging in, and have found all my books- but when I select 'open app' I'm getting an error on most of my client books- which as luck would have it, the books I can't open are the ones that I need to lodge BAS for by TOMORROW!! My books seem to be fine, just the ones on my 'client' list. I thought it may just be glitch with the change over, but has been happening all day. Support are obviously flooded, as been on hold for ages. This is the message I've been getting on a black screen since 9.15am this morning. Can someone please let me know that it is at least being looked at??

ReckonThe application has encountered an unknown error.It doesn't appear to have affected your data, but our technical staff have been automatically notified and will be looking into this with the utmost urgency.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

It's not far off now Steph, just heard that final testing is happening right now. The team will push it through ASAP provided all goes well but I'll check in with you either way as soon as I know more.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi guys,

Unfortunately, the fix to this issue isn't quite ready yet. The team completed a fix earlier but didn't quite have the intended effect.

Its been the main focus of the day and the team are working really hard to get it over the line. Work is continuing.

Really sorry guys, hang in there. I'll update you again as soon as I hear more.
Photo of Abby Morrison

Abby Morrison

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We have been able to open one of the 2 books, after we asked the particular client to see if they could login using their username and password.  Don't know if that had anything to do with it?

Really hope it is fixed soon

Abby
Photo of Steph Luck

Steph Luck

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you so much..... wish I'd thought of that 30 hours ago!!
Worked perfectly! I must owe you a drink! lol
(Edited)
Photo of Abby Morrison

Abby Morrison

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
In on a Saturday to see if we have access, time away from the kids!

Thank you, back end support as we have access to the final book and it doesn't look like there is any data lost.
Photo of Bris xrt

Bris xrt

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mine has just come up "Get started now, first 30 days free" like I have not purchased anything and the only book is the demo book!  Bit of a worry as there is no backup locally only on the "cloud" (if a local backup is even possible with reckon?). Customer service were great when I called them and have already "escalated" the issue, hopefully it will just work again and not lose anything :O
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Im sure we'll be able to get to the bottom of that and get it sorted Bris. Keep me updated on how you go.
Photo of Brad Monaghan

Brad Monaghan

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yep, thats what I am getting as well. Not a month goes by without some sort of issue that costs me time. I think I will need to send reckon an invoice for my wasted time over the past 18 months. Oh, wait, I cannot send anyone invoices
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 26/5 10:00am (AEST)*

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick update on a couple of issues affecting some Reckon One users.
  • The team is aware that a small number of Reckon One users are experiencing an error message stating - "The application has encountered an unknown error" when attempting to access their book.

• When attempting to launch your book by selecting "Open App" the page will loop back to the Reckon portal page
The team have identified the cause of these issues and are in the process of testing fixes which we're confident will resolve the problems in full. Addressing both are our top priority.

Thank you all for your patience so far and Our sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. I'll provide further updates as soon as possible right here.
Photo of Chris P

Chris P

• 800 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,

I can't log in on my mac using Chrome but can with Firefox

ALSO:
Where is the Integrations menu?
I have lost connection to AutoEntry :(

Chris
Photo of Chris P

Chris P

I prefer Chrome.
Maybe Chrome needs updating - interested to see if anyone else has same issue
Photo of Simon Hutchinson

Simon Hutchinson, Employee

• 1,844 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris,

You can find out which applications you have allowed with the Reckon One API via our Identity Server

the url you need is https://identity.reckon.com/permissions

Then login with your username and password

With regards to autoentry, you may need to reconnect it in their interface. Again if you need to do this please use the username and password you use for logging into portal when the window pops up asking for permissions.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Simon H
Reckon API
(Edited)
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hey Chris,

Haven't come across other reports of this one specifically but can you please try clearing Chrome's cookies and cache and see if that helps at all?

Let me know

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Chris P

Chris P

Thanks all back up and running :)
Photo of Chris P

Chris P

Will check Chrome tonight
Photo of Caitlin

Caitlin

• 60 Points
How do I renew my subscription in the new portal? As I hadnt setup a direct debit, I must update every month and rather than the file appearing as 'expried' it is 'cancelled'. This seems unusual as it would have only expired less than a week ago.
Photo of Brad Monaghan

Brad Monaghan

• 252 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Portal.

Hi, I would like to know when I am going to be able to use it again. I have not been able to send invoices or create quotes for 2 days now and I am guessing it will be next week before it may be resolved. My business is at a standstill because of this new portal.
When I log in all I get is the option to buy it, where is my book and data and when will this be sorted.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Introducing the NEW Reckon Portal!.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Brad,

The team are currently working through access issues to books for some customers as we speak. Unfortunately it's taken longer than we'd like as the issue became larger than anticipated but is our highest priority right now. Have you already been in touch with our support team so we can capture your details?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

*UPDATE - 26/5 7:20pm*

Hi everyone,

We understand that a small number of users may still be experiencing an error message when attempting to access their Reckon One book through the new Portal (screenshot below). The teams are working really hard to address this problem and has been a priority for us throughout the course of the day.

A fix earlier was implemented earlier this afternoon, unfortunately however did not achieve the result were were looking for. Work is ongoing on this as we speak.

We fully appreciate how frustrating this is at such a crucial time and we'd like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I will update the thread with info on progress as soon as I can. Thank you all for your patience.

Photo of Bris xrt

Bris xrt

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same screen as myself, unfortunately.
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Brad & Bris,

Just checking, are your files shared with you? Ie. Have you checked the 'Shared with me' tab
Or the 'Partners' area on the Portal screen if you are Partners.

If still no go, can you both send me your Customer ID, Reckon One user name and contact details in an email to community@reckon.com please.

Cheers
Rav
Photo of Keith Zilm

Keith Zilm

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm getting that screen also!
Photo of Keith Zilm

Keith Zilm

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
There are ' No Subscriptions' in the Shared Tab
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Bris - we're working on your case. I apologise again for the delay and frustration.

Keith - Can you please ensure you are logging in with your existing Reckon One user name and password rather than the newly created account made from your Google account credentials. All existing Reckon One users need to user their existing Reckon One user name and password as normal. The team have checked this and your book is available for access under your existing login. 
Photo of Rex Hall

Rex Hall

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have had an issue since 7am 26th, I can login and select and get into my book but I can't "add" an invoice or bill, nor pay for existing bills or receive payments for invoices. After speaking to tech support twice I was told there was an issue with billing as my subscription renewed on the 25th, the day your new portal started, so I am in read only mode, I even tried paying again as I need to operate, but no dice. Surely my issue is a simple fix, update my Reckon one account to paid. I feel all other useres pain of not being able to operate their businesses....
Photo of Gabrielle

Gabrielle

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
Just jumping on Chris' thread. I also have my account status as active but as before I still cannot add an invoice or a bill. My renewal date for my subscription is not until end of June, I don't believe it is an issue with my subscription but more a bug within the system. Has this been raised with the ReckonOne IT? It seems there are quite a few people with this issue as well.
Regards,
Gabbee
Photo of Rex Hall

Rex Hall

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav, sorry for not getting back to you earlier, mine says active as well. I'm not a programmer but I used to be in IT a few years ago, as there are multiple issues with this portal rollout wouldn't it be a better idea to rollback to the previous portal or whatever we used to use to login and fix this portals issue offline. We all have businesses to run and currently we can't properly. The last thing you want is customer dissatisfaction so close to end of financial year when it is easier to change software. I like Reckon one a lot but this is starting to become quite painful.
Photo of Emmanuel Galea

Emmanuel Galea

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
since i began using recon one i have had nothing but trouble, trying to email invoices was before the upgrade to new portal was frustrating to say the least, to assure my invoices were received i had to email them to my email account then email them myself which makes recon useless, but now since the new portal i cannot even send an invoice and a lot of the settings don't even respond, nice work there recon i am scared now that if they try to fix it again i won't even be able to sign in. please fix it pronto for i have no time to waste on something that was supposed to save me time. if i had to invoice my hours spent trying to get my invoices out i would be rich, oh wait thats right i can't send an invoice. not happy Jan.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav and Team,

Scanning through all the posts, I'm pretty sure you have got the message that this upgrade/roll-out has not gone well.  It's caused a lot of stress for users/customers.

However, I think many of us would also like to acknowledge everything that you and your team are doing to make things right.  It's been a long weekend for you all I am sure, and a very stressful one.  

Keep up the good 'solution-finding-work' and lets look forward to a rock-solid platform in the near future.

Cheers
Photo of David Young

David Young

I can't do anything either, I can view every thing but cannot add or edit invoices, items etc.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.