Reckon Portal single touch payroll upload errors

Michelle_7070859
Michelle_7070859 Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited March 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have upload errors of my STP file with name, address and ABN.  I have edited the name on Company & Adviser Info but the address is blank and I can't see so how edit to put the address in?  I took out the branch number for my ABN on my company info on Reckon.

Comments

• Ye Sun
    Ye Sun Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2018
    HI, I have the same issue, i have alos updated our address and ensured the company name is all in caps and spelling is correct but still gets an error message when i upload to say the company details does not match?
  • Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
    It is frustrating and I'm on hold to Reckon so I can try to figure it out.  Tried multiple times to change company name etc - didn't try the caps yet but since it's not working for you then that mustn't be the problem!
  • Krystal Sherwood
    Krystal Sherwood Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    I am also getting the same error when I try to upload a file to GovConnect STP from Reckon Accounts Desktop. Is this a Reckon issue?
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav thanks for that detailed steps.  I double checked those steps.  Had changed our company name in the Co and Adviser Info Reckon Portal as the original name was too long for the Reckon Accounts company file.  Still upload errors.

• Margaret Lokmer
    Margaret Lokmer Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2019
    I'm also still getting the same problem. I have changed the business name case sensitivity to match throughout and cannot locate the problem.

• Katrina Ryan
    Katrina Ryan Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    Clearly this is a common problem Rav and no one seems to be getting any answers except that we have done something wrong and info is not matching but I too have all my info matching and am getting the same problem.
  • Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
    I just finished with Reckon.  On the GovConnect Company & Adviser Info click on the pencil, copy and paste the co name into your Reckon contact information.  Ok save and close all windows.  Try another STP and upload.  OMG it worked.  Couldn't believe it as I had the name exactly the same so something so simple as cutting and pasting worked with the help of Reckon telephone support.

• Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
    I just finished with Reckon.  On the GovConnect Company & Adviser Info click on the pencil, copy and paste the co name into your Reckon contact information.  Ok save and close all windows.  Try another STP and upload.  OMG it worked.  Couldn't believe it as I had the name exactly the same so something so simple as cutting and pasting worked with the help of Reckon telephone support.
  • Diane Viskovich
    Diane Viskovich Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    OMG you are a life SAVER it worked yayayayayaya 
  • Margaret Lokmer
    edited August 2019
    I have not entered our company credit card information into the Portal, yet it asks me each time in order to complete my company registration. Could this be the issue? Why would I need to enter the credit card info?
  • Diane Viskovich
    Diane Viskovich Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav 
    I finally got it to work.
    How do I remove a company from the gov connect
  • Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
  • Margaret Lokmer
    edited July 2018
    How did you copy and paste? Ctrl C and Ctrl V? I couldn't right click to copy so tried using the Ctrl buttons but it still didn't work. Any help would be VERY much appreciated.
  • Voight
    Voight Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    I am also having the same problem. I tried Rav's linked solution. It however did not work..
  • Margaret Lokmer
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Michelle. I wasn't able to copy and paste (maybe I've been looking at it too long), but I appreciate you posting your result.
  • Angela Edwards
    Angela Edwards Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav

This hasn't helped infortunately but I notice that it only applies to reckon accounts hosted and reckon accounts business desktop.  We are Payroll Premier 2018/19
  • Voight
    Voight Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2019

This article helped me. http://kb.reckon.com.au//issue_view.asp?ID=5675&_ga=2.229561116.1672090581.1530661381-395176769....

I was not changing the "Legal Name" which is half way down the Company Information Box.

After I changed the Legal name and the phone number I successfully lodged the STP Report.

• Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
    I had to click on the pencil button first before I could right click and copy
  • Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2019
    I haven't entered our credit card info either and the pop up is annoying
  • Margaret Lokmer
    edited July 2018
    Thanks. Wouldn't work for me. I'm thinking whether it is sensitive to Google Chrome (which I use) or something else. Wowza it's frustrating!

• Margaret Lokmer
    edited July 2018
    Worked it out! We had a branch number listed in Reckon and not in the Portal. 
  • Margaret Lokmer
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Boyd. Your link helped. Finally did it!
  • Leanne_7663246
    Leanne_7663246 Member Posts: 109 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi
    I also am having the problem that everyone has above however I can't change the legal name as it doesn't fit in the legal name box in reckon hosted. I have to many letters in the legal name. Anyone have any suggestions

• Michelle_7070859
    edited July 2018
    I had that problem so abbreviated it both in the portal on and Reckon legal name by  cut and past it from the portal so they matched exactly.
  • Michelle Denton
    Michelle Denton Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Yes, we had to take ours out of Reckon for it to work.
  • Michelle Denton
    Michelle Denton Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

I am having an issue with the employee that processes our payroll being able to upload our file from her log in to the portal.

She logs in but when she clicks on STP page it comes up with an error and she cannot proceed.

Works fine it I do it from my log in.

Has anyone else had issues with their employee access??

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,250 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi Michelle Denton,

We're looking at implementing a sharing function within GovConnect STP this week. This will allow multiple users to access the STP tile for a single ABN/STP tile. Each user will need their own Reckon Portal account and their own MFA.

Stay tuned, there will be further news on the sharing ability coming very soon.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rebecca O'Hara
    Rebecca O'Hara Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Hi Just wondering if anyone can help. I have just tried to upload our first lodgement with STP and I am getting the following error when I try to upload and I have no idea what it means. Hopefully someone can help me
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rebecca,
    Welcome to the Reckon Community,

Check out 2.) in the Single Touch Payroll FAQ KnowledgeBase article for some info on what that error means and how to correct it.

In your case, it means the email address field requires attention for any invalid characters. Take a look at the 9th employee in the STP list in particular. Check if there are any spaces in front or at the end of the email address, if there are remove them. Alternatively, check if there are any employees with more than one email address.

• Rebecca O'Hara
    Rebecca O'Hara Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    Thank you so much Rav all sorted and uploaded now. Your assistance it greatly appreciated. :-)
  • Karen Nelson
    Karen Nelson Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2020
    Hi.  Just wondering if anyone can assist.  I loaded the first payroll run with STP and the first time it got rejected as the company name didn't match.  Fixed this problem only to find the PAYG totals did not populate on the summary window yet they are there when I click on detail.  How do I fix this problem as it is not correct and am getting a message that it is queued.
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Karen,
    Can you give me the exact message that you're receiving please?

• Kate Jahke
    Kate Jahke Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018
    Hi Rav, 
    when attempting to submit my first STP I am receiving the following message:
    A data validation error has occurred, please check all employee data
    Is there a way to ascertain which employee has the error or what the error could be? 
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Kate,
    I'm just having a chat with our devs about that particular error message as I think its a new one and its being reviewed on our end as we speak.

Can I ask, are you using Reckon Accounts Business/Hosted or some other Reckon product? Also, where specifically are you getting that error? After inputting your digital signature and hitting the submit button? Or at some other stage?

• Kate Jahke
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for getting back so quick. I am using Payroll Premier 2018-2019 software. I can successfully upload the file, I then hit submit, agree to the declaration and hit confirm. I then receive the error message. 
  • Rav
    edited July 2018
    Hi Kate,
    Our devs are in the process of releasing a fix to address that error. It should be live in about an hour. 

Can you please try it again at say 3:00pm (AEST) and let me know if you have any further trouble?

Apologies for the hassle.

• Kate Jahke
    edited July 2018
    Thank you Rav. The error message no longer appears and my file successfully uploaded. Thank you for your assistance. 
    Kate