Reckon POS 2016 wish list thread of ideas.....

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
As suggested in another thread, I've started this thread to document people’s thoughts/ideas for what they might like to see make it into Reckon POS 2016.

I've created each item raised as a new comment, so people can reply to that comment and/or like it to show support for that idea. (Saves a big mess of replies)

If you have a new idea, scroll down to the bottom for the reply field that will be off the main topic.
So the ideas put forward so far are as follows
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 22,222 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Full Screen Mode

True full screen mode would be great. ie POS expands to use the FULL screen (ie no task bar visible, no application header.)

This can semi be done today by enabling auto hiding of the taskbar, but when the POS software is closed, its slightly painful to get the taskbar up again with a touch screen! So it would be nicer to see an option to have Reckon POS expand to cover the taskbar etc.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Documentation update #1

An update to the Reckon POS manual to show how to setup/use and what ‘Categories’ does within Reckon POS.

You will be surprised that searching for "Category" in the POS or Accounts manuals basically turned up nothing!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Documentation update #2

As per Chris’s excellent example of using layered touch screens, maybe including this into the manual would be handy for other people, who didn't know you could do layered touchscreens with a ‘fixed’ base set of buttons.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

"Product number" button improvements

• preset product to be searchable/sortable by description/category. Items can be really hard to find just with itemname
• search function in Preset category list
• reset function options button does not clear preset category (BUG)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Touch screen UI #1

A general rework of some of the screen for touch input. Making it more ‘finger’ friendly. Ie remove small buttons near the edge of the screen. Take advantage of flicking to scroll etc.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Touch screen UI #2

Integration the onscreen keyboard into the list/lookup screens rather than having them as a popup overlay. This would work excellent with ‘dynamic’ filtering (see below).
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Touch screen UI #3

Being able to select a group of buttons and move then in one ‘hit’ while editing the touchscreen layout.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Touch screen UI #4

When doing a product lookup, Ability to change the display font in lists. I use Buttons with preset categories a lot. Selection of a particular item can be difficult on a touchscreen if you are a "freddy fat fingers" like me.

Selecting in a product listing can be painful at selecting items for two things, one the font is a little small and second the spacing between the items is very tight, making selection that bit more difficult when using touch. Double spacing and a large font please!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

'Dynamic' list filtering/search for items/products/account lookups

Basically brings in a third search option. You press product lookup button and you're straight into an item list screen with an onscreen keyboard displayed (if touch is enabled of course) that you can start searching to find the item you want, with a global search option removing items not matching the current search. So as I start typing Blade, items that don't match this search term are filtered away, so it shows only items with blade in the description, so I don't have to remember is it “10Amp Blade fuse” or “Blade Fuse – 10Amp” both are displayed. Only items matching that search term are displayed in the item list now. Work with large item lists this would make it easier on us to find the pesky items that don't have a barcode on them!

PS don’t worry about POS clients CPU power, if it’s too slow for them, they can use the old search way!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Default layout Change

It’s been called ‘bland’, it would be great to see if Reckon could toss in a few examples of different touchscreens for people to play with.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

SPOF

Remove the single point of failure (ie the single POS DB). When sites have more than one POS terminal, this becomes a MASSIVE single point of failure. Terminals need a 'offline' mode.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Linked to SPOF - Would be great to integrate directly to Reckon Accounts rather than having a separate database.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Emailing of POS receipts

Clients are asking for it. THIS IS A BIG ONE FOR ME. I want to be able to do the following

-- email a POS receipt adhoc. So if a cash sales ask for it, I can push a 'email receipt' touch screen button ie like receipt reprint. A keyboard pops up and asks for a email address to do a once off email to. Bonus points if the email address is flicked up to the customer display for the customer to verify its correct. (we use these too)

-- I also want to see the option that if a customer account is selected and the default mail type in quickbooks is set to email, that they automatically get an email copy of the transaction.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

USB Support

Serial ports are dead, so having better USB support for printers etc, rather than using virtual com ports etc Seems to be lagging here a bit.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Mobile POS client

A portable POS client (android/IOS) to do stock take/price checking and sales with etc. There used to be a Windows Mobile product like this a decade ago, but this was killed off.

Android would be the nicer platform to start with. There are some very nice and cheap integration android/barcode scanner units out there.
Photo of Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant

Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant, Accredited Partner

• 13,092 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I would personally like more EFTPOS machines linking with the software to try to eliminate data entry issues.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Our site uses EFTPOS controlled via the POS software. Makes it so easy!

Was there one that you had been thinking about that isn't supported Sally?
Photo of Jason Hollis

Jason Hollis, Head of Product

• 10,144 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Tyro has been mentioned as an option by several users Sally. We have also discussed internally.
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Statements being more useful.

More of an Accounts problem. When sending out statements (we have lots of charged sales), the statements are not very helpful.

Money is tight at the moment, so from time to time we get questions about transactions on the statement.. As you know a Statement full of quickpos transactions looks like this

and isn't very helpful when the tradie has lost the receipt!!

So if you can't do the email for POS, then adjusting the statement view in Accounts so when you enable 'Show tax invoice item details" it’s something useful for the client. ie this isn't useful

As you can see, a bunch of barcode numbers isn't very helpful! :( If it had the product description on here, then we could get away without the email of receipts of the POS units.

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Terminal setup

Ability to duplicate a terminal in whole (printers, scanners, layouts, all settings etc) would be great.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Promos need a total overhaul.

Difficult to manage a large number of items on promo, and the receipt docket is just awful. It shows the items at full prices with the promo discount accumulated at the bottom of the docket. If there are different promos on the same docket, the client (and staff if product is returned) have no idea of the individual sale price!

(Edited)
Photo of Jason Hollis

Has been discussed internally.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Groups

Groups are awful, but they are also awful in Reckon. I had to use a group item WITH Price Level 2 yesterday, and was surprised that the price was calculated rather than just using the Price Level 2 field. Meant I had to add a price level to the discount item to calculate the correct price! Is is possible to just use the Price Level 2 price.
Photo of Robyn

Robyn

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Delivery Address Option.
I would like to see an option to put a delivery/ site address on the receipt which would, when charged to a customer account, import through to "Delivery Address" box.
At the moment, even if we put the delivery address as a "memo", it doesn't import to the correct area and old delivery addresses remain on imported invoice.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

While not addressing your issue, just wanted to raise that you can edit the 'customer details' on the POS terminals (including address and ship to address). These changes will be transferred over to Reckon Accounts when you do a POST from the POS Admin.

Click Customer Account, highlight the customer, then click EDIT button. Make changes and save etc.
Photo of Robyn

Robyn

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
thanks Andrew,
I had a quick look at this and it may solve our problem. :)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Glad to help!
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Reckon POS doesn't insert firewall rules for kitchen printing etc as part of the install. Please look at adding these during the installer runtime.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

BUG - Reckon POS 2015 installer only does half a job when doing an upgrade. If you run the POS 2015 installer, it launchers the unzip program and extracts the files, the installer starts, prompts to uninstall the old version, this completes and then nothing.... The installer exits once the uninstall is done, only doing half a job.

You then have to either run the unzip exe again to unzip the files again to start the installer, or browse to the where these files had been unzipped to and then start the installer again to INSTALL the POS 2015 program.

This 'feature' happens for upgrades of terminals and administrators only, seen this year from 2014-2015. Pretty sure it happened the last few years as well. Time to fix it up guys.
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

BUG - Naming Standard

Can we fix the double space up NEXT year please?

Last years and this years version of POS has a double space between Lite and the version.

Also should be noted that the 'un-installer' does uninstall everything either.

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Request - Standardise directory structure

Is there any reason that Reckon POS isn't using a standardise and logical directory structure?

Could we 'install' Reckon POS into ONE directory structure?

We are halfway there, but currently Reckon POS sprays itself around a bit too much. Is there any reason that 'Common Files' can't go under the Reckon Directory?

Is there any reason that 'DefaultInstallDir' can't go under the Reckon Directory? and whats up with the name?

And while we here is there any reason that the Reckon folder isn't located under Program Files like normal well installed apps?

DefaultInstallDir has this in it

Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Another one... Automatic credit card surcharges being added if credit is selected.
Photo of Jason Hollis

We can already do this Andrew, or did you want it automated even further?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

Oh Thanks Jason.... Found the option. Didn't know it was there! Anthoer new thing learnt!

Does look like I'll have to setup two tender keys to use it, one for EFTPOS and one for Credit. But workable.

Would love to have this automated like Aldi stores does, not sure how they do that. But they add the surcharge when the user selects credit on the pinpad.
(Edited)
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

For others like me, its under the tender key. Here is a good example post done by Jason.

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/t...
Photo of Jason Hollis

Thanks for adding that link Andrew - I'd forgotten about that one!

We have 3 keys for the EFTPOS terminal at our family business to assist with EOD summaries and reconciliations (to match the terminal summary read), plus we have a surcharge on AMEX but not EFTPOS or MCARD/VISA so it assists in assigning the right charge to the right card.

Good idea about the card type feeding back to the correct tender key via the linked terminal though.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.