Reckon Premier 2014 Deskto[/ Business online banking

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
We are using Reckon Premier 2014 Desktop and we are wanting to set up Business Online banking. Is this a possibility or do we need to upgrade to a later version of Reckon?
Photo of Maryann

Maryann

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 25,360 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maryann,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Reckon Accounts will allow you to carry out 2 functions with online banking.

Firstly, you can arrange to have payments to suppliers and employees made through the Direct Credits system of your bank.  You'll need to arrange a facility with your bank and they will give you an APCA number which you'll need to enter on your bank details tab.  You can then create a file (ABA files) that you upload to your bank's online banking website.  See the Help Menu inside your programme for more information about the process.  

Secondly, you can arrange to have your bank transactions sent to Reckon which you can then easily import into your company file when you need to.  Signup for BankData on bankdata.reckon.com and follow these instructions to configure your company file.

Hope this explains your options.

regards,
John
Photo of Maryann

Maryann

Thank you very much for this feedback - I will look into your suggestion and hope that it will meet our needs. We don't really want to upgrade as it seems that the pricing structure has changed for 5 users from a one off payment to a yearly subscription which makes it a lot more expensive.
Kind regards,
Maryann
Photo of Maryann

Maryann

Actually John, I think I read that this APCA number that you mention applies to Australia and not New Zealand - we are in New Zealand
Photo of John G

John G, Information Support Analyst

• 25,360 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Maryann,

Please visit the Reckon NZ support site and in the Download Centre see the Online Banking Instructions.  You'll need to download the "RTL Bill Payment Utility" to use the online banking facility.  

There are no variations to Bankdata in New Zealand.

regards,
John