Reckon Premier stops working

Options
Kaylene V
Kaylene V Member Posts: 4
An error has occurred and when I create or view a Customer Invoice in "multiple window view" Premier 2015 stops working. Tech support are at a loss, as nothing tried has worked.  I have two data files under this licence and the other file is fine.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    what did Tech support have you do
  • Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Kaylene,

As you described to me that you have 2 files and the other one is fine this suggests that one of your datafiles have a certain degree of data corruption. 

Going through our support notes I can see that you had a problem with a "Duplicate name encountered" which was fixed by the technician as you were guided to rename it. Supposedly resorting all your lists inside that particular file had resolved the issue where you could not open the customer centre.

I'd like to bring our attention to firstly - the problem with viewing a customer invoice. If you are attempting to double click into a customer invoice and it is crashing your software it means that the transaction is corrupted. You can try fix this by doing a rebuild of the file (supposedly this was already done as per support notes), otherwise you have to delete and re-enter the transaction (invoice).

To do this you need to go to your Chart of Accounts, find the Accounts Receivable account you used for that invoice, locate the transaction and delete it from the register view (Ctrl+D) - This will remove any money received and ofcourse, unreconcile the transaction so you would need to re-enter it, receive money for it again and re-reconcile.

Take care when deleting very old invoices as reconciliation & reporting is affected.

Secondly, if you are going to create an invoice and it is crashing straight away we need to narrow down to where exactly it is crashing. Are you clicking to go into create an invoice and crashing right away or are you clicking to Save and Close which then it is crashing?

If you are clicking straight into the invoicing module and it is crashing - this suggests there may be something wrong with the installed software and I would suggest an uninstall and reinstall. (I dont think this is the case for you)

When you are saving the invoice there could be multiple factors causing the software to crash such as: corrupted customer profile, corrupted items in the invoice, corrupted invoice template, corrupted tax codes, etc. If you are experiencing this you will need to find out if it is happening with all customers or with some customers, then narrow down if its a problem with the item that you are trying to sell etc. When you find the data corruption you won't be able to delete it as you have used them in a transaction before so my suggestion would be to make the problem inactive and recreate the item so you can move on with daily tasks.

Hope this helps
    Alex