Reckon STP App - Employee Pay Summaries Incorrect

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hi, I have a problem with my Employee Pay Summaries. All my pay runs for this financial year were submitted successfully and totals are correct, however our two employee pay summaries are showing an incorrect YTD Gross pay, tax and super total amounts. I have discovered that the incorrect amount/total equals a duplicate of the totals prior to my last pay run.
e.g $4626 was the total gross for one employee prior to my last pay run then after the pay run of $473 the total has increased to $5099 plus the previous total of $4626......... $9725 which does not match the total of $5099, which is correct... Could you please advise the best solution to make my employee pay summaries correct..... Many thanks in advance!
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Could someone please help me with my problem!
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 93,858 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kylie,
The 'Pay Summary' section of the app doesn't track the 'live' balance that is sitting on the ATO end. Rather what it shows the amounts from ALL submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending etc + the YTD that was entered for the employee.

What is important is the actual balances that the ATO have and that is viewable via the ATO Business Portal if you have access to it. Employees can also view the figures through their MyGov accounts.

Admittedly, the 'Pay Summary' section in the app in its current iteration is under review at the moment because we recognise its an area that is leading to a fair degree of confusion for users. We're looking at improving this at the moment.
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Rav
Thank you for your reply!
I don’t have access to the ATO business portal so I’m waiting to hear from our employee about their myGov account.
Just quickly, so is there anything I can do to make the pay summary details on the app correct?
Kind regards
Kylie
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Kylie, unfortunately, Rav is not correct. He gave me the same answer to almost the same question. So I checked both the ATO business portal for my business and my own MyGov accounts and they both showed incorrect summary totals that reflected duplicates of my monthly salary inputs. And after going back to Rav with this information, I haven't been given any further advice. So I think there's a little mess developing here ahead of EOFY June 2020 
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Mark, that is not very pleasing!!! Are all your submissions to ATO correct and approved?  We are selling our business so won't be paying wages next year and i don't want to be carrying this problem into 2020!!!! 
Photo of Mark

Mark

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes my monthly submissions to the ATO are correct and approved through the Reckon app. One of them was declined due to a "technical error" and I had to resubmit which was approved. However, for some reason, both my ATO business portal and MyGov account show different balances which are both incorrect. I haven't submitted a pay run through the app for October as yet because I think it will only add to the problem.  I plan to speak to my accountant early next week as he has a better link into the ATO (to ask what to do)
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Hi Rav
I have now heard back from my employee about his myGov account and the incorrect total in my pay summary is also the total amount showing in his myGov account!
How do I make this right? It’s not acceptable to have our employees details incorrect and this error occurred in the app not in my pay run submissions.
We do not want our employees thinking we’ve paid them double what they have actually earned.
Regards Kylie
Photo of Deborah

Deborah

• 70 Points
Hi Kylie, I've had similar problems with the STP App and corrected mine by processing a negative adjustment to the employee. This will correct the
App YTD payment summary and MyGov for the employee but not affect ATO , just shows as adjustment without figures. Hope that helps. Deb
Photo of Kylie

Kylie

Thanks Deb
I read lots of comments to try and figure out the best solution to my problem and I even made up a draft negative adjustment but was worried that if I submitted it I’d cause myself more problems !
Was hoping someone from tech support would suggest what you have to correct my error but I got the message from Rav and wasn’t sure what to do next so decided on asking our employee to check his myGov account ... cheers Kylie