Reckon STP App for 2018-2019 Issue

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
I started using the app in late May 2019 for a new business and have entered weekly payroll for the 2018-2019 financial year. How do I check the year to date figures submitted to the ATO for the 2018-2019 financial year?
Photo of Rebecca

Rebecca

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rebecca

Rebecca

I spoke to the ATO who advised that my data had not been finalised but they also advised that the weekly figures I had submitted had not been accruing for a year to date figure.  Any advise is highly appreciated.
Photo of Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have a similar issue,
8th Jul, submitted a final payrun for Jun 30th, pay date June 30th, so in mygov income statement it's wiped out the accruals (1 pay run in May, submitted 19th June ) and replaced the figures with the 30th June payrun, but it says the mygov is from 1st May thru 30th June. 

However, in the STP app, in the paysum for employee (which is my as it's my company), it shows the FY 2019-2020 !! as the amounts of the 30th June 2019 pay run (which is actually the prior FY 2018/19. So it seems both mygov and the STP app are both messed up now.

Anyone have an ideas how to fix/reset/ the figures? 
Photo of Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Discovered you can't SUBMIT in July for dates in June, as the APP & mygov use the actual submission date, not the dates you've entered into the app. Also the fine print on the ATO says submissions must be physically done before 1st July - would be nice to have this noted up-front, given most companies do submissions post 30th June.  So I fixed mine with adjustments and then a further June adjustment (I hade a $0 payrun from early June), so I'll ensure I have a few spare $0 pay runs in June 2020 just in case.
I couldn't find anything in the APP that shows prior YTD once you've rolled in the next FY.
Photo of Darryn

Darryn

• 512 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Bruce, Are you still getting the incorrect 2019-20 YTD data (ie carry-over from 2018-19)?  It may be a widespread problem - https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/stp-app-cant-make-negative-2018-19-adjustment-amongst-oth... .

Photo of Rebecca

Rebecca

Thanks for the update Bruce.  I gave up on the app and lodged my 2018/2019 figures with hardcopy paperwork to the ATO.