Reckon STP

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
I downloaded the app, went through the process to link the software ID number with the AT0, then set up Employees etc. However I then went to sign in again and was having much difficulty with the app not recognising my email address. I t wanted me to sign up with as did and.....looks like it has set up a new account with new Software ID. Do I need to register this new ID with ATO?? has this now overridden my previous account??
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,270 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sandy,
The most common cause I've come across so far for similar situations is because there has been a spelling mistake made on your email address when you first registered on the app.
In saying that, you've mentioned you signed up again, did you register with the same ABN the second time? The reason I ask is, an ABN can only be registered ONCE on the app so I just want to confirm what's happened.

Also, can you confirm if the email address you used to register on the app is the same as the one used on this Reckon Community account?

Finally, can you please confirm the ABN registered to the app.
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

Yes registered with the same ABN both times.
Yes same email used to register in app and register with Reckon Community Acct.
Thank you so much for following up.
Sandy
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 84,270 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sandy,
I'm taking a look into this right now and there are a couple of things I need to clear up.
I can see that the ABN has been registered on the app twice with differing branch numbers.
While I can remove that, there's something else that I need to clarify.
I can see that you have an active Reckon One subscription as well. Are you looking to use Reckon One as your chosen accounting software?
The reason I ask is, if you have an accounting software (such as Reckon One) with payroll, you'll need to use our GovConnect service for STP rather than the STP app.

Let me know how you'd like to go ahead.

Cheers
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

Just to confirm from my email sent....yes i do have a reckon One subscription but do not use or pay for the payroll module.
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

Hi Rav,
I din't use the Reckon One payroll as I have one employee....my husband is the director and only employee, therefore I'd like to use the app.
Photo of Steph Luck

Steph Luck

• 530 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Rav,
I understand that you are all really busy, and that it's a difficult time with all the changes etc... but I have tried following this up with Reckon several different ways, and we still have no resolution. 
Sandy does have a Reckon One file, however, does not run payroll. The app is the best option as there is only one employee. 
Can we please get this sorted out. 
Thanks,
Steph
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

still waiting
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 81,514 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi guys,
Firstly, I'm really sorry for not getting back to this, for some reason I thought I had really sorted this but clearly not so my sincere apologies.
This ABN has been cleared off the GovConnect service already from the looks but it has two registrations on the STP app (with differing branch numbers).

Can you confirm if this ABN has a branch number and which email address it needs to be registered under (at the there moment there are two separate email addresses).
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

Hi Rav, Thank you...
ABN has no branch number
Email address is boris@slash-it.net.au

Can you confirm.....can I use the free APP?

Sandy 
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Sandy,
I've removed the ABN's as they were currently registered with branch numbers.

What you need to do now is login to the app using the boris@slash-it.net.au email address and the relevant password that you setup.
The app will then ask you to register the ABN so go ahead and do that and just take care that you don't enter a branch number if you don't have one.

Just so I've covered this off as well, in regard to the Reckon One subscription, do you wish to retain that? 
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

ok did that, can you please check as it asked me business name and i entered it....then could choose from list.  I chose the correct business name with correct ABN (which is what I thought i did last time so I'm hesitant that the ABN may already be linked to a branch number????)

In regards to Reckon One subscription.....yes I still want to keep that, I just didn't want to use STP in Reckon One subscription as only one employee.

Sandy
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

Under "Company" it states "GST Branch"....and the number 1 is listed.
Is this correct....what is GST branch....should it say number 1??
Photo of Sandy

Sandy

New software ID is 8248436623
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

Hi Sandy,
The ABN 19612753527 is showing as registered to the app now so you've done everything right. Don't worry too much about the 1 that shows up, as long as you don't have a branch number and didn't enter one you'll be good to go.
Photo of Diana Davidson

Diana Davidson

• 60 Points
Hello Rav, when I try to upload my pay file I am getting the message: "Invalid company information provided please check your ABN and branch number match those set in Reckon GovConnect STP for your company" I have logged in as me on email address diana@dmbookkeepingservices.com.au and my ABN is 44856343417 I am a BAS agent and have notified the ATO through my portal. The company ABN is 87 607 765 917. Can you please assist? Many thanks Diana