Reckon Support?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Today Saturday 18th April 2015 I attend the office of a client to complete the March 2015 BAS return, to discover that the file had “expired” and there is no longer any facility for on-line verification.

The next surprise was finding that even though the web-site states 7 Day support, in fact there is NONE, no way to verify the file until Monday.

So Reckon obviously has nothing but contempt for its customers, it wastes my time and my client’s time.
Photo of Peter Kershaw

Peter Kershaw

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,262 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Pete mate are you using a old version of the software? The newer versions have the facility to activate online. I can give you a phone number to ring but you may not like it. It's 1902266522 There is a charge. Have a great Saturday. 
Photo of Peter Kershaw

Peter Kershaw

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Kev,

yes, my client is quite happy with 2013. That is no reason why Reckon cannot provide both on-line facility for verification, and, when it states on-line 7 day support, in Australia that is a lie, and there is no support for verification on weekends. Many professionals do work on Saturdays, just not the amateur Reckon corp.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Well there is a reason. The older versions point to the quicken.com.au website which is no longer owned by Reckon. You know the BAS isn't due until April 28th or May 11th if you lodge online or May 25th if you are a BAS agent like I'm. The reason Reckon uses software activation is to combat piracy which keeps the price of the software down. There are other choices. If you were using Reckon Hosted it never requires activation as it runs online. Software activation has been around for a lot of years. It's not peculiar to Reckon. I work Saturdays. I'm working right now. And I'll be working tomorrow. Cheers
(Edited)
Photo of Mirko

Mirko, Alum

• 34,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Peter, thanks for your post. 7 days support relates to Technical Support being available via the 1900 numbers and the Support Community here. The Customer Service team who look after activations, renewals, Account related issues are available during business hours. I'm sorry to hear of your and your client's circumstances and the unconvinced it caused you. If you have not yet done so, please give the Customer Service team a call on 1800 RECKON. ^Mirko
Confused...  What exact product are you trying to activate?  Is it desktop, Enterprise on local server or some hosted product?  And what exact version?  When was the last date it was running?   Options like taking the data file to another machine in trial mode comes to mind, or opening the file on another  2013+ compatible licenced site some to mind.     I guess I'm curious about what you're calling the 'file'.  Is it for instance the .QBW company file on a desktop or enterprise server perhaps?     Gary
Photo of Kevin Russell

Gary mate, the older versions won't activate online. Thanks for your time

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.