Reckon Tax Upgrade

Options
Jen Beveridge
Jen Beveridge Member Posts: 11
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
With regards to the Reckon email about the 2019 Tax Update where they are saying
"Once the tax update is installed and your data file is opened, you will not be able to re-open your file in the earlier version of Reckon Accounts"
Are we thinking that we can open and view the file however we will not be able to make any changes as any new changes will use the new Tax Rates ?
I called Reckon support and they said it just can't be opened ? I said are you sure you don't mean you can still open but not make changes and they said not definitely not open......

Comments

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I Think they mean in the older program.
    Gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,389 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Gerry is exactly right.
    What that sentence means is, once you upgrade your company file into the NEW updated R2 version (ie. after installing the tax table update) then after that point the company file cannot be opened in an older version of the software ie. anything below Reckon Accounts Business 2019 R2.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jen Beveridge
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks Gerry for your help that has sorted it out
  • Jen Beveridge
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Thanks Rav all good I understand now
  • Oats
    Oats Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2019
    Options
    yes that is correct,  you will access your data in the updated version. 
  • Oats
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Where can we access the download link? 
  • GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited June 2019
    Options
    From your members site, log in using your customer id and password.
    call me on 0418907140 and i will guide you.
    gerry

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Oats
    edited June 2019
    Options
    found the links.  thanks I am using accounting plus 2018 do I use the  Accounts 2018 upgrade or the 2019 update?  
  • GerryWinter
    edited June 2019
    Options
    As long as the current year is completed you can go to 2019 update.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

• Gwstsv Townsville
    Gwstsv Townsville Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hello I have downloaded the Reckon Accounts 2019 Tax Upate for Reckon Accounts Premier, but I am having trouble installing. We have a multi user Environment and the main database is on the  network server. Previously, the file is showing in the install wizard box but not this time. I have had to browse for it and having trouble locating the file I need to upgrade?. Can you please advise the actual name of the Reckon file that I need to select to install updates. We recently changed over to Office 365 and there have been a lot of changes and some of our files are still hidden.  Thanking you...Debbie