Reckon version of "Banklink"

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
Is there a Reckon version of "Banklink".  I work for an accountant and currently we use MYOB Banklink, however the costs of the download of data is getting a little too high.  We have looked at perhaps using the Bankdata however, the beauty of Banklink is that we can simply print the coding report and the client can fill it in.  With Bankdata we have to enter the data to uncategorised, the cheque numbers are sometimes out of sequence owing to the banks inserting dr or cr or other stupid titles infront of the cheque number and therefore the automatically created cheque numbers are incorrect.  The only other option is to have the client fill out their bank statement, by then that means they don't get the benefit of memorised entries (deposits or withdrawals that we already know what they are and therefore would not need to bother them about).
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Hopeful there is a Reckon Banklink type program.

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kay Laws Accredited

Kay Laws Accredited, Accredited Partner

• 3,454 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Reckon one, would be a great, I have recently met with Accountants for this very reason, wanting to move away from Bank link. They are now moving clients over to Reckon One as for the many benefits of doing so.

Please feel free to give me a call if you would like more info, only to happy to help.

Kind Regards
Kay
kay@kmlbookkeeping.com.au
Photo of Reckon FAQs

Reckon FAQs, Employee

• 10,138 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the Reckon Community and thank you for your feedback.

The sort of interaction you describe has not been considered by BankData - its been built on the basis of the person importing knowing what the transactions are about.  The process just automates many of the steps to save time.  Its certainly a great idea and I will pass it on to the developers for consideration.  

Reckon One does not have the limitations with the transaction description that Reckon Accounts has.  If Reckon One is an option for your client then it will be the way to go - BankData is much more streamlined in that application.  

I'm switching this thread to the Ideas section.

regards,
John