Reckon Accounts Accounting 2014 Upgrade

Options
Robyn_6897963
Robyn_6897963 Member Posts: 6
edited August 2016 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We purchased the 2013 Reckon Accounting and have just had a new 2014 software DVD come in the mail.  I have tried to upgrade using the DVD but it doesn't seem to recognise the 2013 version I already have and does not give me the option to upgrade as it is greyed out.  Not game to install the whole 2014 reckon in case all my data disappears.  Anyone else had this problem?
Note: This topic was created from a reply on the Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2014 update delayed topic.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Robyn,

Welcome to the Reckon Community. This sounds strange so long as 2013 is saved on the PC you should be able to select upgrade.

Not to worry though, you will be able to make a fresh install with no difficulties. Please ensure you have made a back up of your 2013 company file first. Once you install 2014, just load up the 2013 company file, Accounting 2014 will automatically convert it into a 2014 company file. You will not loose any data. Hope this helps!

- Mirko
  • Brent Coker
    Brent Coker Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Having the same problem. Option to upgrade is grayed out. =Looks like a bug.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback Brent, I'll pass that on. Were you able to install with my work around suggestion?
  • Daniel Kennedy
    Daniel Kennedy Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I have just upgraded the latest 2014 update which is great, I have now been informed that there is a compatibility issue with another software package that I use. My question is can the 2014 database be reversed to allow me to return to 2013 until the integrator confirms that it is compatible?