Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2013 Attachment Backup

John_6716096
John_6716096 Member Posts: 4
I have been backing up my Reckon Accounts file and attachments for years to my NAS without any problems.  Last week it showed an error message stating "Cannot complete your request because there is not enough disk space to back up the attachment(s)".  It is clearly backing up the Quicken files, but not the attachments any longer.  Any ideas on how I can fix this backup issue would be greatly appreciated.  

Comments

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited March 2017

Hi John,

Welcome to Reckon Community and Thank you for the question.

Please try the following:

Make sure that you have enough free space on the NAS

Check the file size of the backup

Try to back up with attachments to the desktop first and then manually copy paste the file to the NAS

Let us know how you go with the above suggestions

Regards

Lax

• John_6716096
    edited May 2020
    Hi Lax,

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is more than enough space on the NAS (15TB).  It was working and backing up absolutely fine to the NAS until last week (attachments and all).  It will back up the Quicken files, but fails when trying to backup the attachments.  I have tried to the desktop, and it similarly fails with the following message:

"Cannot complete your request because there is not enough disk space to back up the attachment(s)."

When you close that window, the next is the usual:

"Data file backed up successfully."

but it hasn't and there is no backup of the attachments, just the data files.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

John

• Lax
    Lax Alumni Posts: 58
    edited November 2015
    Hi John,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry to hear about that, Please try the following:

Rename the data file
    click on File->File operations->Rename

Try to Backup the file again with attachments included

If the above suggestion fails, try the second option below

Copy the data file
    Click on File->File operations->Copy

Try to Backup the file again with attachments included

Hope this helps

Lax
  • John_6716096
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Lax,

I had tried the Rename the Data File, but it didn't work.  The Copy the Data file seemed to work fine tonight.  It still doesn't really answer the question as to why the usual backup suddenly started to fail, but at least I have an option.

Many thanks for your advice.

Kind regards,

John
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2015
    Hi Vallsy,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

NAS stands for Network Attached Storage.

Its a special standalone drive that can be accessed by computers in a network and allows for files to be shared between a number of computers.  It differs from a normal external hard drive in that a number of computers can access it simultaneously.

It does not have a computer operating system so cannot have an application installed on it.  

Hope this explains it for you.  

regards,
    John