Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2014 update delayed

Options
Richard_6895712
Richard_6895712 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have Reckon Accounts Home & Business 2013, which was released in November 2012. I renewed my Reckon Advantage Membership in October 2013 for $249 specifically to get the 2014 update with the FY2013/14 tax planner (because the 2013 edition only allows importation of data from the period 1 July 11 - 30 June 12 to estimate tax for FY12/13).  When I spoke to Reckon in November 2013 they said the update had been delayed and was expected in about February 2014.  It's now almost the end of the financial year and they now say the update won't be released until August, nearly a year late from when it should have been released and two months after the end of the financial year for which the tax planner was actually needed.  A complete waste of $249 for the update.  Reckon customer service was hopeless when I complained and had no appreciation that small businesses actually use the software for business purposes and having a tax planner two months after the financial year has already ended is useless.  The most Reckon was prepared to offer after a long discussion was 3 months extra Reckon Advantage membership (ie. $62) as compensation for the fact the software can't do what I paid for it to do.

Very unhappy customer who will certainly never be recommending Reckon software to anyone else.

Don't waste your money on Reckon Advantage Membership - it's not worth it.

Comments

• Robyn_6897963
    Robyn_6897963 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2015
    Options
    We purchased the 2013 Reckon Accounting and have just had a new 2014 software DVD come in the mail.  I have tried to upgrade using the DVD but it doesn't seem to recognise the 2013 version I already have and does not give me the option to upgrade as it is greyed out.  Not game to install the whole 2014 reckon in case all my data disappears.  Anyone else had this problem?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    different issue Please reference the new topic here: Reckon Accounts Accounting 2014 Upgrade
  • Maurice Linker_7186477
    Maurice Linker_7186477 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I want to get a disk with Reckon home and business 2014
    Anyone can help me
    Reckon Advantage do no have the disk and it is not available on their website
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Maurice, please give our customer service team a call. if you haven't been able to request a copy of the disk on the Advantage page. Their number is 1800 RECKON. Cheers, Mirko