Why is my company file not auto opening on Reckon Accounts Pro 2014

Options
Mel_6974855
Mel_6974855 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I have upgraded to Reckon Accounts Pro 2014 and then installed the 2014 2015 tax tables. I opened the software for the first time and it when through the verification and activiation process no problems and then I did some transactions no problems.

I then logged off/closed company and exited and the next time I opened the software it makes me find the company file to open it...in accounts pro 2013 the company file was simply listed in the company list and I selected open and then put in my password etc

However in 2014 when I open the software (and I've now tried this a number of times) I get the options to Explore, Create or Open and then when I click on OPEN it asks me what type of file I want to open or restore and then I have to navigate to the company file...

I would just like to have it appear in the list each time I open the software.

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Mel 

Comments

• Suzanne Lockwood
    Suzanne Lockwood Accredited Partner Posts: 71 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi Mel,

The upgrade has unfortunately re-set the list of links to previously accessed files using the 2013 version.  Once you have opened the 2014 version file again and closed out it should automatically open the data file the next time you open the program.  If you are ever back at the No Company Open screen you should also see your file listed.

It sounds like you have already updated your data file to the 2014 version?  If so, from the No Company Open screen:

Click Open or restore an existing company > Select Open a company file and click Next > at the Open a Company window browse to the folder where the data files are stored.

Assuming they are saved in the default folder browse to:

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files and hopefully you will see your data file listed.

Hope that helps.

Suzanne Lockwood

Reckon Accredited Consultant

suzanne.lockwood@lockington.com.au

• Mel_6974855
    Mel_6974855 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Accounts Pro 2014 on Windows 7, why won't it automatically load the company file when I open the software...

I have upgraded to Reckon Accounts Pro 2014 and then installed the 2014 2015 tax tables. I opened the software for the first time and it when through the verification and activiation process no problems and then I did some transactions no problems.

I then logged off/closed company and exited and the next time I opened the software it makes me find the company file to open it...in accounts pro 2013 the company file was simply listed in the company list and I selected open and then put in my password etc

However in 2014 when I open the software (and I've now tried this a number of times) I get the options to Explore, Create or Open and then when I click on OPEN it asks me what type of file I want to open or restore and then I have to navigate to the company file...

I would just like to have it appear in the list each time I open the software.

Any thoughts???

Thanks

Mel 

• Kate D
    Kate D Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I run three different companies on mine and this is still happening.  EVERY time I close Reckon it loses the company files and I have to locate them again.  Sometimes it loses all three, other times it loses all but the last one that I was in.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating!

Thanks,

Kate
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey Kate, how are you closing RA? Are you closing the company and then the software through the file menu, or just clicking the X? Thanks, Mirko.
  • Kate D
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Usually I just click the x, this is the way that I used to do it in the old version and never had an issue.

Thanks,

Kate
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Kate,

Try this trick:  right-click your RAB icon on your Desktop, select Properties and Compatibility tab.  Tick the box "Run this program as an administrator".

If this doesn't remember your last files opened, then switch your User Access Control settings - if on, turn it off; if off, turn it on.  

regards,
    John  
  • Leanne Schomacker_6992136
    Leanne Schomacker_6992136 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Options

I was experiencing the same problem and have used your trick of running as administrator and it seems to have worked. Thank you, it was really annoying having to go find the file each time.

• Kate D
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks John!

I logged in as an administrator, opened them all and have now logged in and out a few times normally and restarted the computer and it still seems to be remembering all the companies.

Much appreciated!

Kate