What item do I use to pay a Casual time and a half?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 39
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When paying a casual time and a half or double time, is it best to use the same Earnings item name "Hourly pay" that you use for their normal hourly pay or do you use "Other 1 Hourly" and "Other 2 Hourly" .

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Payroll items are divided between Earnings Items, Holiday Items, Other Items like Allowances, Commissions, bonuses etc, and others.  

You can create multiple payroll items within each category.  

'Hourly Pay' is Accounts Business default payroll item for Ordinary Time Earnings (OTE) based on an hourly rate of pay.  You can create as many separate payroll items for OTE as your business deems is necessary to adequately monitor and control its activities.  Check with your Accountant as to what is best for your business.  

Overtime rates can be based off hourly rates by selecting the 'Overtime' option during the payroll item setup.

'Other1' and 'Other2' are additional Holiday items over the reserved Personal and Annual Leave items.  You can use them for other types of leave, like RDOs and Long Service Leave.  

Hope this helps.  

regards,
    John

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 39
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Thank you John. That was a very quick, detailed and clear answer.
    I was an accountant in a very large firm so l didn't do payroll. I am now working in a very small boutique business where l am doing payroll. So l am learning along the way. The concepts are easy for me it is just the functions l need to work through as they arise.Vicky
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks Vicky,

There is a lot of How To information in the in-product help under the Help menu option that should get you started on anything that is new to you.

cheers,
    John