RECKONS ACCOUNTS PRO 2013 - OPENING BALANCE HAS A BALANCE BUT NO BALANCE IS IN THE CUSTOMER LIST!!!

Vanessa Adatins
Vanessa Adatins Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi  I have Reckons Accounts Pro 2013 One old customer non exsistent anymore has an Opening balance but no Balance. How do I get rid of this without putting another charge on the balance

Comments

• Vanessa Adatins
    edited January 2017
    Yep I've made them active and can do journals and everything but just cant get rid of the opening balance amount without putting a balance on the debtor again!

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If I read it correctly there is a nil balance but they appear on the AR reports! If this is the case then there is both a debit and a credit, you need to assign the credit, Right click on the customer, select receive payment click on the outstanding invoice/s and click credits and allocate.  
    Don't forget Friendly Fred, press F1 on the keyboard and the help info pops up based on what you are doing at the time.
  • Vanessa Adatins
    edited January 2017
    There's no credit Jacqui!

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    CHECK YOUR DATES Often when entering transactions early in the year for the previous year the ?year ?is entered incorrectly ie 12/12/16 end up 12/12/17 hence you will have a nil balance but it will continue to appear in the AR reports till Dec ?2017.  Else, the customer card may be corrupted.

Good Luck