Recording payroll expense against a project

Gabrielle_6850677
Gabrielle_6850677 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
Unless there is a way that have not enabled, we cannot allocate payroll expenses against a project in reckon during a payrun.
Being a construction company there is a significant cost allocated to payroll expenses which get left of the P&L for a project, essentially making the P&L report unusable.
Is there any talk of this being a function in place of, or as well as, the customer recording section on payrun. 
We pay extra for the ability to track projects and I am increasingly finding it frustrating that the feature still seems underdeveloped and unutilised, instead, R&D is going into POS or clinical functionality not improving the functionality for existing users in construction based areas.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Gabrielle

If you are wanting all the fancy bells & whistles you might like to look at hosted instead Reckon One.  It does so much more.
  • accounts_9230494
    accounts_9230494 Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2020
    The only way we have found is to allocate the specific project against the each employee at payrun time.  This means that you can track the payroll cost in P&L but it is still hard to get an easy breakdown with enough detail. I don't think it is really bells and whistles;  I thought the whole idea of paying for the project module was to track these costs?