Recurring Invoices in Reckon One! (18 March 2019)

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2020 in Reckon One

Hi everyone! 
We're really excited to let you know about Reckon One's latest update which brings the much anticipated Recurring Invoices feature!

Recurring invoices will help you save time on manual processing by automating the creation of repeat invoices so you can focus on other areas of your business!

You can now customise your invoices and schedule when they need to be created.. whether its weekly, fortnightly or monthly instead of creating them manually.

Key features and benefits include:
  • Set and Forget - You can easily create and schedule recurring invoices. Set the frequency, number of occurrences, dates and much more! You can also pause or skip the next occurrence if you need to.
  • Easy Review - You can view all invoices created by recurring invoice templates from the brand NEW Recurring tab on the invoice list! This allows you to easily review the invoices before sending to your customers.
  • Recurring Transaction Permissions - You're in control! You can easily manage who has access to create and modify recurring invoice templates in your Reckon One book with a new set of permissions specifically for the recurring transaction feature.
We've made it really easy to start using recurring transactions to simplify and streamline your workflow and we've got a new video below that will step you through how to use this new feature along with an easy to follow Recurring Invoices Help Guide & FAQ's.

Please note: If you're currently using Core or Invoices Lite module and would like access to recurring invoices you can upgrade to the Invoices Medium module through the Reckon Portal. Click on your book 'tile' on the book launch page in the Reckon Portal screen and select Settings to customise your modules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhr5r7X8PSc

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited January 2020

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Maxwell2018
    Maxwell2018 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rav,
    Is this option available for Reckon Accounts Hosted?
  • Rav
    edited March 2019
    Hi Maxwell2018,
    While the above info is for Reckon One, a similar feature exists in Reckon Accounts Hosted called Memorised Transactions which will help you save time by memorising it for future use to a schedule you specify. Check out more info on this in the in-product Help index, just search 'Memorised Transactions'.

• Richmond Porath
    Richmond Porath Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    This is fantastic, Thank you for this. 

If I could wish for any new feature it would be a bulk print feature, what I mean by this is under the recurring tab been able to select all the invoices and print them all to pdf in one go! This would be like my birthday every month when it comes the day the invoices need to be sent on bulk to a client whom does not want to receive 50ish individual emails, right now it is a manual process of doing print to pdf manually and then importing them all into a one email to send etc.
  • Rav
    edited March 2019
    Glad to hear you're a fan of the new feature Richmond! Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks also for the suggestion, the team are looking at bulk action functionality eg. bulk email, bulk print etc in the second half of the year which will hopefully help with cutting down the steps in your workflow. Stay tuned, we'll have more news to share on this as the team later this year.

• GlenshieTrust
    GlenshieTrust Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2019
    Hi Rav,

Sad to say that while super excited to have recurring invoices it would be better if the process worked for me.
    I've tried using Chrome, Edge and Opera over 2 PCs, 1 Laptop and a tablet.

Nothing, the only constant is the error message.
    "an unexpected error occ.x"

All help gratefully accepted
  • Rav
    edited April 2019
    Where in the process are you encountering this error?
    Do you have the Invoices Medium module?

• GlenshieTrust
    edited April 2019
    Hi,

error msg arrives after selecting either save or save and new. 

Checked
    1.0 Our user privileges are core, invoices and bank data all medium,
    2.0 I log in as admin also checked under Roles in the settings and all the boxes are checked for Recurring transactions to work.

• Rav
    edited April 2019
    Great thanks for confirming that TripleFan,
    Let me have a chat with our Reckon One team to see if we can replicate that error message and/or if we can track down the cause of why its appearing. I'll come back to you on this.

• Rav
    edited April 2019
    Hi TripleFan, just coming back to this. We've found the cause of why that error is occurring and the team is looking at putting together a bug fix to address in full shortly. In the interim however if you give your recurring transaction template a more detailed name it will save and function as normal.
    Let me know how you get on.

• Helen_10006512
    Helen_10006512 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2019
    HI,

It looks like a good feature, however, that's mean I have to retype all the invoices again.  It will be good if I can pull out the data from the previous invoice and just set the date, instead of just the customer names.  The reason is recurring invoice is the same jobs I bill fortnightly or monthly.  

Thanks.

Helen
  • GlenshieTrust
    edited May 2019
    HI Rav,

Sorry but been very busy on other project's so its been a while. I tried all sorts of convoluted descriptors and nothing works. Gutted. but life is like this. im sure i will cope while waiting for a solution.

Triplefan
  • Felicity Bleckly_10406164
    Felicity Bleckly_10406164 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    I only want recurring invoices for cash/eftpos sales each day and one for Menu Log (selling/advertising group)...but I need recurring journals for direct debits and payments made where a journal is entered - eg Super, interest, bank charges etc.
  • Paula Rose
    Paula Rose Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2020
    Is there the ability to add a variable field to the recurring template?  For example, I send monthly invoices for rental for the prior month.  I want to be able to include which month the rental is for in the invoice details.  Can a variable be added to the invoice somewhere to do this?  (eg ::month::-1)