refund multiple payments at one time

Stevie W
Stevie W Member Posts: 5
1. Option to Refund multiple payments at once and also 
2. Option to Refund a part of the amount

1. Option to Refund multiple payments at once 
We are a none profit organisation using Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2016 and are often left refunding payments people made to us.

It happens quite frequently that we have more than one payment on a customer that they would like to get refunded. Now we really appreciated the option "Overpayment..... When you finish, do you want to:"  It's been super helpful to process refunds but it becomes super complicated when you have 3 or more payments they would like to get refunded.

It would be really nice if there was another button that allows you to add other payments that are not applied to invoices to the "Overpayment total". Similar idea as there is on invoices when you can apply payments to. Click on all the payment you want to refund when you chose "refund the amount to the customer".

2. Option to Refund a part of the amount?
Similar situation but the other way around. We also have customers that don't want the full amount being refunded but want to leave the rest of the payment on the account for possible later use.

It would be super helpful if the amount could be changed after choosing "Refund the amount to the customer" in the window "Issue a Refund".
I think it would be pretty easy to make the "Refund Amt $" field editable so that you could change the amount you want to refund. Obviously it would have to be restricted to the max amount payed in the original payment but people should be able to just change the amount to a lower amount and refund that to the customer.

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks 
Stevie

Comments

• DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    You could leave the credit on the account and then when you want to process the refunds simply write a cheque with the account being Accounts Receivable. This will allow you to refund any amount you wish.
    How many refunds do you process on a weekly basis?

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    I have a client who has moved from regular banking to PayPal, same charges overall.
    However this makes taking money instant and refunding just as quick as you don't need to collect bank or credit card details. What used to be hours of work each week now takes him 5 mins once a week.
  • Stevie W
    edited November 2016
    thanks for that. Just tried it and it works well thanks. It's slightly slower since I need to first make a cheque and then go back to the payment but it resolves the problem.

Depending on the season for the amount of refunds we do but some times it's about 30 a week.
  • Stevie W
    edited November 2016
    Unfortunately for us that is not true. Paypal charges us an arm and a leg. We had an account with them but the charges were way higher than if we go by bank or even credit card for that sake.
  • DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    My client is paying on average 0.03% on sales through PayPal. It is saving him a tonne of money. The bank charges for Visa/Mastercard were very similar for him but he also had additional separate charges which make the bank appear to be much cheaper when it is not. I It really depends on the quantity and amount of sales, but then that is the same with the banks.

• Stevie W
    edited November 2016
    Thanks DebonAir for that input. Certainly like the thought of the convenience of Paypal making things a lot easier to refund. Our Visa/Mastercard fees, including all costs to run it, come to about 0.0275% of sales at the moment but I certainly will be watching the development of that.
  • DebonAir
    edited December 2016
    It really might be a good option for you to consider as the process for refunding customers is quite a bit of work each time. With paypal refunds it is just a click of a button, paypal keeps the bank or credit card details and saves a lot of time, so you might also factor in the labour cost of doing this by the usual process.
    As always, lots to consider.