refund on a direct debit

Karen Eden_8888891
Karen Eden_8888891 Member Posts: 3
I am filling in for our office girl who left and I need to make a refund on an invoice paid direct into our bank account, but it is only for a portion of the amount apid.  I am swimming up stream at the moment against the tide as I haven't been taught Reckon but learning it VERY QUICKLY at the moment.........:)

Comments

• Heather_8888767
    Heather_8888767 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2017
    When refunding an amount to a client the entry is "write a cheque" to the client for the amount you are refunding and add the "clients/debtor" name in the Name column.  Then go to receive payments - receipt a zero $ and then you can match the refund to the invoice - this is assuming that the refund is because of an over payment.
  • DebonAir
    DebonAir Member Posts: 392
    edited May 2017
    Hi, first create a bill credit for the item returned.
    Then create a deposit to your bank account with the 'From Account' being Accounts Payable and the Account name.
    Next you will need to go to Pay Bills and click on the Supplier Name and match the Credit with the Bill (which is actually the refund)

• DebonAir
    edited May 2017
    who is the refund from, a supplier or a customer??

• Karen Eden_8888891
    edited January 2017

Customer thanks.

• DebonAir
    edited January 2017
    A refund from a customer? why would a customer give you a refund? It would usually be you giving a refund to a customer. Not understanding this.

• Jacqui Allen
    Jacqui Allen Member Posts: 238 ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    So you wish to refund a customer Raise/create an adjustment note fill in detail then select option top right use the refund to ?? And make your selection thete.
  • DebonAir
    edited January 2017
    Ok, sorry, I thought the refund was actually paid into your bank account by the way it was written.

• Karen Eden_8888891
    edited January 2017
    Thanks everyone for all your help, have sorted it out.  :)