Reg has ended email for my QB 2003. Don't need to take online offer

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
I have QB 2003 which I use on a XP computer just for that. We have used this brand since it stated 20/30 years ago it seems and updated every now and then.

We are a very small concern and 2003 does all I need and then some. We mainly use it for basic in/out bookkeeping.

Why should I have to register it again?  I bought it and it is the only program we have that needs this.

We have Win 10 on an other computer but I am told this does not work on it.

I would think of buying a more recent standalone offline version but can't see where to buy it.

If I left QB how can I get my data across to another program?

Would appreciate some options please.
Photo of starlite

starlite

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 33,194 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It WILL work on Win 10. Who told you it wouldnt?

Kevin 0407744914
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 45,800 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Kev,
Can we clear up some of the messages we're putting out please.
The 2016 and up editions of Reckon Accounts Business (desktop) are the only editions that we have tested and deemed officially compatible with the Windows 10 operating system from our perspective.

2003 is NOT officially compatible with Windows 10, there has been no testing or QA performed on the 15 year old program on this OS. That is not to say it won't work and I know you've worked your magic in getting similar cases up & running however there is no certainty that issues won't arise particularly around PDF creation, print, email etc. 
Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 33,194 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You and me are on a unity ticket Rav. I just dont see the point in throwing something out if it still works. I understand why we would tell clients it wont work but there might be very good reasons why someone may not have upgraded. Instead of saying it wont work we might say use it at your own risk.