Is it possible to change region on Reckon Accounts?

foo cheong
foo cheong Member Posts: 1
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have been using Quicken personal plus 2011 from Australia. I have been living in Aus for the last 3 yrs therefore have set the region to Australia in the initial set-up. I have just relocated to NZ and I am unable to set up a paycheque so that it it deposit directly into an NZD$ account that I have set up. Is there any way around this or can I change the set up region without losing all my data? Thank you

Comments

• Palak
    Palak Alumni Posts: 37
    edited January 2015
    Hi foo,
    Thank you for posting on Reckon Community.
    Regards to your Query,  you can setup new bank account using NZ currency but it is not possible to setup automatic paycheque, so you may required to enter any transaction manually.
    Even if your  Bank account is in NZ currency, you would not able create any reports in NZ currency,all report would convert the NZD$ amount in AUD$ currency.

As you are in the New Zealand, you may go for New Zealand version of Reckon Account Personal Plus 2013 to be able to work with NZ currency and Tax.

Hope this would help you
    Thank you
    Palak
  • cfcfree1206
    cfcfree1206 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Thank you. I do purchase a NZ version, will I be able to restore all my data from the Aus version?  Will I then end up with the same problem as my back up is set to Aus settings?
  • Palak
    Palak Alumni Posts: 37
    edited January 2015
    Hi Foo,
    In that case, I would suggest you to try Downloading the trial version from the
    Reckon NZ Website : http://reckon.co.nz/ReckonAccountsPersonal/RAPersonalPlus.asp 
    and install it on Different computer(please make sure not on the same computer), then open your AUS data file in to NZ trial Reckon Personal Plus 2013.
    Let see, if everything goes fine according to your requirement,that you wanted to be done then you can Buy NZ version.

Thank you

Palak
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Once the Home Currency is set, it cannot be changed even if you are able open it in a different country version (which is highly unlikely).

Why would you even suggest that???

-IM