reload 2013 reckon

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
My Computer has finally stopped working , however I have a 2013 version of Reckon that I have tried to download from the Reckon Site. Although the program has loaded onto my new Computer there is a problem at the instal process. Reckon help desk cannot or will not assist so does anyone have any ideas on how to restore this program onto my new Computer. I am also a Reckon Hosted user but I do not want to transfer the files to Hosted. Any ideas
Photo of Bob Barbuto

Bob Barbuto

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 68,992 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bob,
What is happening specifically when you attempt to install?
What error message are you receiving and have you conducted any troubleshooting already? If so, what has been attempted so far?

Which operating system are you running?

Photo of Bob Barbuto

Bob Barbuto

Operating Windows 10
After downloading and then installing the program stops and the error meesage is Error1920. Service Quick Books Datebase Manager Service (QBFC Monitor Service) failed to start.
After 5 different answers from Reckon the last operator told me that there was nothing they could do as they no longer supported the Software. I understand this but why do they allow a client to download the Program?
Photo of Rav

Rav, Community Manager

• 68,912 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for getting back to me Bob,
We don't stop you from downloading any software that you've purchased and entitled to.

I'm not sure what steps have been undertaken in your chats with our support team but in regard to that error message there is a very specific Knowledgebase article which contains steps to solve it. Check it out below -

Error 1920.Service QuickBooks Database Manager Service failed to start when installing
Photo of Bob Barbuto

Bob Barbuto

Loaded perfectly thank you for your assistance. Next problem is that the Files I had backed up from the old Computer will not load on to the Program in my new Computer.  It is asking me to update but then comes up with a prompt -Created in a different version. Is there a fix for this?
Photo of Tanya Briggs

Tanya Briggs, Accredited Partner

• 572 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There may be a patch to be loaded onto your new computer that your Reckon 2013 on your old computer had.