Renaming Tags in Reckon Accounts

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
I am using the Find/Replace function to change tage named Altona to Altona:Business. When I perform the replace function Reckon Accounts wants to add a new Category of Altona. How do I differentiate between a Tag and a Category?
Photo of Jack Oster

Jack Oster

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Babi

Babi, Alum

• 1,344 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jack,

Thank you for your query.

Tags and Categories are used in the program to classify under certain groups so that you can track in the reports.One important difference between them is,you can tag any transactions including even the one's that's already categorised, to refine your report results.

There are some more differences between them, which you could find from Reckon Accounts Help menu itself. Help>>Product Help>Search RA Help> and you can just type "TAG" >Ask. It will give you all the relevant information's about Tags. If you then go to "About Tagging Transactions"> You will also see the differences between Tags and Categories along with the descriptions and examples.

Hope this helps, Please let me know if you have any confusions or any further  question on this regards!

Regards,

Babi.

Photo of Jack Oster

Jack Oster

Sorry, my question has not been answered. Your answer is about the difference between categories and tags.

My question was, how do I rename tags in transactions, using Find/Replace? When I tried it, the software tried to work with categories, not tags.

Photo of Babi

Babi, Alum

• 1,344 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jack,

My apologies for not been able to get your questions correctly before but thank you for coming back. 

This is actually an issue in Reckon Accounts Personal range where it finds the “tag” transaction but can’t replace with another tag, instead it looks at “category” list and if it can’t find it, then creates it.We understand that the header says Category/Tag so it should look for tag too.It has been reported to our developers and hopefully will get a fix in future releases. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Alternatively,To rename TAG, please go to Tools > Tag list > select the tag and click “Edit” > change the name and click OK to save. 

I hope the above helps. Whatever the outcome, please do let us know.

Thanks. 

Babi

Photo of Jack Oster

Jack Oster

Let's hope that the bug gets fixed. Thanks for the tip re Tools/Tag List. In this particular case it's not suitable. I only want to rename some occurences, not all.
Thanks anyway 

Hi Babi,

I'm trying to tag a transaction with GST amount. The transaction is the Tagged correctly but the Tax Control in not Tagged. How can I set the TAG on the Tax Control account.

Thanks and best regards,