Renewal Fee/Licence Query

Elizabeth Clayton
Elizabeth Clayton Member Posts: 4
edited June 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi! I've paid the renewal fee for Reckon Accounts Premier but my licence information still shows that my licence is expiring soon even though payment has been processed...can anyone help? 

Comments

• Kellie Cockerell
    Kellie Cockerell Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2018
    Hi I had the same problem last month, if you click refresh licence under file it should update.  If you need to download the 2018 update, you can log into the members area with customer id & pin to access the downloads.  We didn't receive anything after we had paid, I had to ring the NZ office to find out we had been missed off the list when they sent out the 2018 update.  Hope this helps.
  • Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Elizabeth - your renewal fee each year entitles you to the latest version so what happens is that each year the expiry date of your subscription relates to the new version - and the old version expires... so it sounds like your 2017 is saying its going to expire soon... but once you upgrade to 2018 - your new expiry date will take effect... hopefully that makes sense?  If you have already upgraded and are still getting this message - then a call to Tech Support may be required?
  • Elizabeth Clayton
    edited June 2020
    Thanks Kellie and Linda! I'd thought payment would update the licence and then you download the 2018 version... I haven't actually downloaded the new version yet because of a complicated server system, so that is very likely the issue. Thanks for the information, much appreciated :) 
  • Linda ABC
    edited July 2018
    What you are thinking would work if your expiry date was say October and you were already on the current version - but once a new version is released (usually April annually) it will be looking for the current version.  :)
  • Elizabeth Clayton
    edited July 2018
    Great, thank you for your help!
  • Tony C
    Tony C Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Hi there

The response doesn't answer the question.  I've just paid for a renewal and got the receipt and my online account shows I've renewed.  My installed copy of Reckon, however, still says about to expire. This happens every year.  There is no information on the website or receipt that would allow me to apply my licence renewal to the copy I'm running.

Each year I make a support call and get a new Installation Key.  The licence updates, but the next time I log in it tells me the licence doesn't apply to the computer I'm using.  So another support call.  This would have been fair enough in the 1990s but every other software product that I deal with has perfected the concept of online renewal.
  • Linda ABC
    edited September 2019
    Tony, you haven't said which version of Reckon you was installed before you paid for your renewal just recently? 

Regardless of your subscription expiry date - you should always get an email (usually in April annually) advising you that a new version is available for download and giving instructions for you to login and get your installation key for that new version.  If you do this when it becomes available, then the transition to the new expiry date should be pretty seamless...

If you don't do this - your old version will continue to work until your subscription for that old version expires, at that time you will then have to download and install the new version because the new expiry date relates to the current version of Reckon (not whats installed on your computer, but the current published version)... 

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense?