Replacing Quicken with Reckon

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I was not aware that Quicken and Reckon had separated. I purchased Australian Quicken in 2003 and upgraded it in 2009. Recently, I updated my Quicken programme by going on line. What I got was the American version which takes no account of GST or Imputation Credits. I now have to uninstall the US Quicken programme and replace it with the most recent equivalent Reckon product without losing data. I also need to claim a refund from Quicken to purchase the Reckon update and do this very soon because I am near the end of the refund period for Quicken. Any advice would be helpful!
Photo of AGG

AGG

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • puzzled

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell, Accredited Partner

• 52,130 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I dont like your chance of getting a refund from the united states. Didnt you notice when you bought the software the price was in USD? I also dont like your chances of transferring any data from the us version to the aus version. If your software was registered you would have been notified of the name change. Its been years since it changed. Im an reckon accredited partner. Call me if you want any help 0407744914
Photo of AGG

AGG

I have been told by Quicken I can get a refund and how to uninstall the US version. I purchased the product in 2003 and took several updates . I think the last was 2009. The product was registered but, because I did not take annual updates after about 2009, I ceased receiving emails. I was not told of the change in 2012. Yes, I noticed the price in USD but so much one purchases on line is in USD. My question is how can I get back to the version I had before installing the new Quicken version? I shall pursue any refund separately but I need to get back to where I was in February.
Photo of Kevin Russell

Of you are using the us version you need to take it up with Intuit.
Photo of John Peppas

John Peppas, Accredited Partner

• 1,694 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi

I can arrange for someone at Reckon to call you to discuss your options

Let me know if you would like this done
Photo of Kevin Russell

As can I john. Hth
Photo of AGG

AGG

Yes please. I feel unsure how to proceed. I now discover that my purchase of the "upgrade" was 9 February so I am outside the 60 day refund period. Nevertheless, the most important thing is to save the data and end up with the most recent version of the Australian programme. Any help welcome, thanks.
Photo of Kevin Russell

As I mentioned earlier you can call me any time. Im a Reckon Accredted Partner. I do this all of the time.
Photo of AGG

AGG

Thank you to all those who offered help.  I was contacted by Reckon and we worked out how to recover the situation - although at the expense of the wasted US Upgrade!

I now want to do what I wanted to do all along which is to upgrade the Australian Quicken product I have been using to the equivalent Reckon Australian product.

I have been using Quicken 2009. Can anyone tell me what to choose for the equivalent programme and where to find it to download?
Photo of Bernie

Bernie

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I fell for the same information void when Reckon and Intuit split their partnering arrangement. The Quicken Australian equivalent can be  browsed  at https://www.intuit.com.au/  they now compete directly with Reckon Australia.  I bought Quicken quickbooks  way back in 1999 because it use  non account savy terminology and had a corporate  business feel which I was familiar with. Reckon experience has been dismal since the split a few years ago.  So Quicken has resurface in Australia as Quickbooks competing directly with Reckon. I am evaluating  migration away from Reckon from my last few years of poor Reckon support.  Haven't  made up my mind which way as yet.  need to do a bit more research.