Report showing invoice details and date of payment

J White
J White Member Posts: 15
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi,

is there any way to have a report per supplier / customer that shows both the invoice details and the date the invoice was paid / payment was received?

I am aware of the history button but it is very time consuming doing this line by line. 

Hopefully there is a solution for this!

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi J  If you are referring to this information for a customer who you have billed and who is then paying you, you could run a statement for the customer and select the option Show tax invoice item details on statements and see if that covers what you are looking for.  I cannot readily determine if you are after this information for customers or suppliers or both.
    John L G.
  • Bronwyn Reid_9850485
    Bronwyn Reid_9850485 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    This is not a solution. I also need to have a simple report that shows:
    Customer:Job
    Invoice #
    Date of Invoice
    Date payment received

If the report could have Invoice Due date as well that would be good.

• John Graetz
    edited November 2018
    Bronwyn.  Have you tried running a ?Customer Transaction Detail Report, ?editing it to include your desired date range, and using the filter to select the customer, terms and due date fields?  This will give you the invoice number, the date of issuance of the invoice, the due date and the recorded date of payment.
    John L G
  • Kayla O'Sullivan
    Kayla O'Sullivan Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2018
    Hi Bronwyn, did you find a solution to your question? I am also looking for a similar report. Having the date paid on the same line would be ideal.
    The closest report I have been able to find is a 'Transaction List by Customer', but that has the payment transaction on a separate line to the tax invoice. When i try to add in 'Date Paid' column, nothing shows in the column.

• Carmel Demery
    Carmel Demery Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Did you come up with a solution?  To have the invoice date and paid date on the same line?  I need this to calculate average days to pay by customer for the new AASB9 standard.
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2019
    HI Carmel.  I gave details above of the type of report that you could run to get the information that you are looking for.  The only problem was that I should have said to run a ?CUSTOM Transaction Detail Report? and not ?CUSTOMER.?  You can find the basics of this report under ?Reports> Customer Transaction Detail Report.
    ?When you run this report and select what information you need, you will get the invoice details, including terms, due date, on one line and the date of the payment on the next/another line.
    John L G
  • Gemma
    Gemma Member Posts: 60
    edited September 2019
    Did anyone find a solution to this?  The one field I want and no report ever returns is the date payment was received/paid. Particularly interested in Sales Invoices. 
  • Bronwyn Reid
    Bronwyn Reid Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for your help John, but I'm still not getting what I need.  I can't understand why Reckon doesn't have this as a standard report. 
  • John Graetz
    edited October 2019
    So, Bronwyn.  What is it that you still cannot get?  I have had another look at the report that I suggested you run and can see a modification that is necessary.  Instead of using Filters to insert the ?Date Paid ?column, you should be using the ?Payment Date? filter instead.  I have found that the ?Date Paid? column will probably not show anything, as observed by Kayla, because this relates to payments that you make.  Instead, the filter for ?Payment Date? relates specifically to the date that you have recorded as the date that the payment was received.  Try this instead.  This should also help Carmel with what she is trying to achieve and also Gemma.  You can memorise this report and use it time and time again.
    John L G
  • Bissett Family
    Bissett Family Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Hi, did anyone resolve this? A report by cutomer:job number showing the supplier bill dates and amounts and the supplier bill payment amounts and dates.
  • Gemma
    edited June 2020
    No

• Bissett Family
    Bissett Family Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020
    Called Reckon. Bit of shitstorm explaining what I was wanting. They couldn't help. Afraid a laborious task. Export 2 reports to Excel: Job Actual Cost Detail; and then each related Supplier FastReport.
  • Gemma
    edited June 2020
    Glad to see it's no just me who finds Reckon entirely frustrating! 
  • Mooshie Ervin
    Mooshie Ervin Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2020
    I need this report tooooo! This is especially helpful when you have lawyers breathing down your neck about showing client payment history vs due dates etcs. Needed this multiple times.?