Reportable Employer Super Contributions

Karen Todd
Karen Todd Member Posts: 3
edited July 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When checking my PAYG summaries, I have noticed that the Reportable employer super contributions are incorrect. The correct amounts show on payslips, Payroll Summary report and Payroll Totals report. Any ideas why this could be and how I can make my PAYG summaries read correctly?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited June 2018
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Karen,

This issue may be a result of an amount greater than the statutory amount for the Super Guarantee was paid on an odd pay, as excess amounts are posted to the RESC field on the Payment Summary.

See this KB for a guide to finding the non-standard pay.

If that does not fix the problem, Rebuild and Verify your company file.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Hi Karen.  There have been quite a few posts regarding this over the past three days.  Please go to the following Knowledgebase site to refer to the action that you need to correct the error - it is relatively straight forward - try Option 2.  This problem probably tends to rear its head at the end of the year for an odd employee. I have had to correct it on more than one occasion in the past.  At least you know which pay the problem has occurred in.

http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3621

I have used this approach on a number of occasions in the past.

John L G

• Karen Todd
    edited June 2018
    Thank you!
  • Karen Todd
    edited June 2018
    Thank you, this sorted out my problem!!
  • John Graetz
    edited June 2018
    Great news Karen!!
  • Paulene Threadgold
    Paulene Threadgold Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    I am having the same problem with salary sacrifice super with the incorrect amount showing on the payg summary. I cannot find anything wrong in the payslips to conflict with the desired amount to be sacrificed. All reports have the same figure with a $1200 surplus on the payg summary. Payments at some stage were $300 per pay period which would lean me towards 4 payments? But I cannot find this?

• John Graetz
    edited July 2018

Paulene.  I again had this problem this year, for one employee.  I followed the instructions which I referred to above.  My initial quick scan of the relevant report didn't show up the error, but when I looked very closely, it stood out like a sore thumb.  I have had this same problem for quite a few years and have never once not been able to find it by closely following the instructions.  I have found that Option 2 works best for me, probably on every occasion.

John L G

• Paulene Threadgold
    edited July 2018
    Thanks John I think I have found the error but do not know how to resolve it,
    Looking at the report on four occasions it reads the SS and SA amount but the SS component is showing twice? On opening the pay details it shows only one component has been deducted.
    Any ideas
  • Paulene Threadgold
    edited July 2018
    eg:  29/12/2017   127.23  SA      300
                                 300.00 SS      300
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Hi Pauline.  As per the instructions, you need to edit the pay for that employee for that pay run - before you do, take a note of the SS amount, net pay and amount of tax deducted.  Then delete the SS entry and then add it back again and make sure that there has not been any overall change to the net pay and then save it and exit.  That should then fix the problem. John L G
  • Paulene Threadgold
    edited July 2018
    Thanks John you are a legend. All sorted what a unsuspecting headache that was
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2018
    Wonderful news Paulene.  Thanks for letting me know of your success.
    John L G