Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions

James_8240475
James_8240475 Member Posts: 29
edited March 2017 in Accounts Hosted
I found an incorrect amount on the Payment summary for an employee. It relates to Reportable Employer Superannuation Contributions. How do i fix it ?

Comments

• Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It depends on what you found the error to be as to how to fix it.

If it is a normal Super Guarantee amount that is showing up as a reportable amount, you need to unlock the specific pay that it occurs in. Remove the Super item, tab to a new line. Go back and add in the Super item again, check that the super come to the same figure as before and no other figures have changed then save the pay.

If it is a salary sacrifice super amount ensure that the setting for it are correct, it was setup as a super salary sacrifice amount, and is the Tax Tracking is set to Gross payments.

Adrian
  • Geoff_8309197
    Geoff_8309197 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017

If it were me I would just put through an adjusting entry to bring the figures into line with your personal manual calculations. This will highlight the error for auditing purposes

Geoff

• James_8240475
    edited June 2016
    Hi Adrian. Thanks for your response. Apparently  i am having  this issue only with the Managers Payment Summary , who are on a 12% super Guarantee. Was wondering whether it contributed to it. 
  • Adrian_6974554
    Adrian_6974554 Member Posts: 191 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    The amount above 9.5% is a reportable amount.

Check the ATO site https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Super-for-employers/In-detail/Salary-sacrifice/Employer-guide-for-re...

Adrian

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi James,

Where you are paying statutory super at an amount greater than the standard percentage (9.5%), you are best to use the Collective Agreement (CA) super type for your super payroll item for these employees/directors.  This category will only post the excess to the amount you specify (eg 12%) into the RESC field of the Payment Summary.  

To get your Payment Summary to show correctly you'll need to go to all the pays you have processed this year and replace the existing Super payroll item with the Super Guarantee (SA) type with one created with the Collective Agreement (CA) type set to 12%.

Hope this clears it up.

regards,
    John
  • James_8240475
    edited June 2016
    Thanks Adrian
  • James_8240475
    edited June 2016
    Thanks John
  • James_8240475
    edited June 2016
    Hi John
    For one employee, there is a difference in Gross Wages, between Payment Summary and GL. Is there a way i can have the breakdown  of the Payment Summary figure ?  Then i can reconcile to GL
    Regards
    James

• Reckon FAQs
    edited March 2017
    Hi James,

There are a few reports under Reports > Payroll & Employees - like Employee Summary Report, Payroll Totals Report, Payroll Item Details Report.

Another check is Lists > Payroll Item List; click on the Payroll Items button and select Customise Column and choose Expenses and add it to your list.  Then you can see the payroll expense accounts used on all items.  Is there one assigned to an inappropriate ledger account? 

regards,
    John
  • James_8240475
    edited July 2016
    Hi John
    I have found the problem. There is one item (SAL SAC ) on the payroll list who had a wrong Tax Tracking.It was put as "none" instead  " Gross Payments"
    Thanks for your help
    Regards
    James
  • Nat_8326794
    Nat_8326794 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Hi Geoff

I manage two entities with employees and this has happened to multiple employees in multiple pay periods.  Is it possible to do a General Journal entry to fix this?  If so, could you please detail how? Is there any way to avoid this from occurring in the future (eg changing a setting in preferences, or the employee's superannuation or the payroll items)? Any help with this is appreciated.
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited June 2017
    Hi Nat,

The Payment Summary is built from information processed through the payroll module, so to change what appears on the Payment Summary you have to change the pays on which errors occur.  

A quick solution may be to untick the option Calculate RESC difference for SA and/or CA payroll items in Payroll Employee preferences. (this option will add the excess of an amount above the SA (9.5%) and CA rates to the RESC field.)

The only solution is to use the correct super payroll items in the proper way.
    Use SA (super guarantee) only for the statutory amount (currently 9.5%);
    Use CA (Collective Agreement) where you have an ATO-approved arrangement that pays more than the statutory rate;
    Use EA for additional super payments above the SA or CA rates
    Use SS for super salary sacrifice.   

You should avoid manually over-writing SA and CA amounts.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John.

• James_8240475
    edited July 2016
    Hi John
    How do I create the "EMPDUPE" file to be uploaded to ATO via the Portal ?
    I have both "INB" and "ETP". Does it mean i have to create two files ? Thanks
    Regards
    James

• Heather_7177864
    Heather_7177864 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2016
    I have set up a salary sacrifice to super payroll item and it is included in employee summary, until a few months ago when we started doing the super data these amounts appeared in the report Employee Earnings Summary as a positive amount under the super salary sacrifice column, they are now showing as a negative dollar amount and therefore affecting the totals for all super
  • Lisa Geier
    Lisa Geier Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    I have found two payment summaries that the amount of SS super showing is slightly less than the amount showing when I run payroll reports for the same period.  Any suggestions on how to correct the payment summary?