Reportable Fringe Benefits

Options
Christopher Leon
Christopher Leon Member Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am running Personal Plus 2013 and I would like to keep track of the reportable fringe benefits. Currently I receive parking, salary packaging fees which I can categorise and apply the reportable fringe benefits tax question to the category. However, I also receive a mortgage payment and a deposit into a Meals and Entertainment Card, both are deposits to an account and therefore I cannot attach to a category. How should I be setting this up so as to have an accurate paycheque?

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Christopher

It looks as if you are trying to categorise the deduction (expense) items, when you need to be categorising the Salary (Income) items.

For Example:

current situation:(figures are just made up)

Gross Salary $1000 less Tax $200 equals Net $800

After Salary Packaging:$200 Mortgage Repayment

Gross Salary $800 Plus Salary Package $200 = $1000 less paid to Mortgage $200 less Tax $150 (now reduced as gross is $800)  = $650

Here is how it looks in "Set up Paycheque".  Note that the Other Earnings Item is an income item that can be linked to the Reportable Fringe Benefits Tax Category.  If desired, you could set up separate "other earnings" for the different salary components: Mortgage, parking etc.  Each Salary Item would have a corresponding account or category, but these deductions should not be linked to Reportable Fringe Benefit.

Hope this makes sense.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au