Reporting in Gross Terms

Options
Marley Cutbush
Marley Cutbush Member Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi Guys, 

I am using Reckon Accounts Premier 2014. 
I want to view a sales by item report in gross amounts (inc GST).

I have changed the reporting preferences and selected gross, which worked a P+L but didn;t change the way the Sales By Item report displays. 

Any suggestions or assistance would be great!

Cheers, 

Marley

Comments

• Fozzie
    Fozzie Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Try adding Tax amount as one of the reporting fields.  Won't add them together but you could export to excel and sum amount and tax amount.
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Marley,

As Fozzie you could export the report and multiply the total by 1.1 to increase for GST.

However you can't record the GST as sales or income. It is not your money, it is the ATO's.

So not sure why you would want it to be included.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Fozzie
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Marley and Kevin there may be a reason that Marley wants to do this. We import our invoices into Reckon.  I run a report showing the gst and amount for my BAS reconciliations.  There is always a variance in the gst that comes through. Our system calculates gst on Total amount not individual lines, which can/does cause variance.  The variance is minor in the big scheme of things but I dump the info out from Reckon and check it, just in case there is a major glitch.  Perhaps Marley will use the total and divide by 1.1? Maybe it is a way to test items are being invoiced with the correct gst? In any case hopefully this forum has helped as it has me in the past.
  • Fozzie
    edited October 2015
    Options
    OOps I meant Sally and Kevin :)
  • Marley Cutbush
    Marley Cutbush Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks for your efforts.
    Sally, I never said that I wanted to record it as sales or income? I needed to view the sales by item inc GST as I wanted to reconcile what went through reckon with what went through our till, and then reconcile with what went into our bank. Of course I know it's not our money! 
    There is the option to view reports as gross in the reports and graphs preferences, I tested it by producing a P+L and the change in preferences worked...but it wasn't having an effect on that particular report. 

After speaking with Reckon Advantage Technical Support the solution was to view a "sales by item - summary" report as opposed to a "sale by item - detail"

Problem solved. 
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi Marley,

Sorry for the confusion, but as many others read these posts also, I needed to clarify that the income is not actually yours. I am glad you are aware of this as many are not!

I ran this report and it still shows net of GST, so not sure how you got it to show?

Perhaps you could run a Profit & Loss Detail report > modify report > change your dates > change to cash & gross (as you did in your preferences) > then in the filters tab for account you can show just income accounts.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)