CUSTOMISED REPORT SALES BY PAYMENT METHOD

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I need to create what I thought should be a fairly simplistic report, but has turned into a mammoth task. Any help is appreciated.

I simply need to prepare a report that allows us to see SALES per DAY, with a column that lists PAYMENT METHOD.

Where possible, a total of CASH for the day and total of EFT for the day.

Any ideas?

TIA
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Charley van Rotterdam

Charley van Rotterdam

• 10,092 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
OK First of all bring up report "Sales by Customer Detail" then in the display select Payment Method and then tell me whether any show up or not, I'll be guessing very few
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

Thanks for your reply Charles.
I've done this prior to my post, and while the COLUMN SHOWS up, there are no records in any of the sales listed. I have a customer called STORE and one called DELIVERY. Both have a SALES RECEIPT that allows our staff to choose PAYMENT METHOD at the time of processing the sale. However, it does not show up in this report. Why is this?
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

I have created  CUSTOM DETAIL REPORT - whereby I select the columns, and it will show the PAYMENT METHOD chosen, and by CUSTOMER (ie STORE and DELIVERY). However, it will not show a total (ie CASH and EFT)...
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

Here's an example of the CUSTOM REPORT I created, as you can see - it will list both customers (these are just test ones at the moment) and will list PAYMENT METHOD. However, I need a total for CASH and EFT on the day.

h
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

And this is the SALES BY CUSTOMER - again, I can list just the TWO CUSTOMER records in question, but as you can see the PAYMENT METHODS are zero, despite the SALES RECEIPT recording EFT or CASH at the time of sale????

Charley van Rotterdam

OK let's try it another way go to Lists>Customer & Profile List>payment Method List and the highlight EFT and ask for a FastReport and see what you get

Charley van Rotterdam

Another way is probably because CASH goes 'deposit to' Cash Register or whatever then go to reports>accountant>general ledger and then filter accounts to just the Cash Register Bank account and then do the same for the Main Account
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

Thanks Charles,
The first method you detail: Lists>Customer & Profile List>payment Method List and the highlight EFT and ask for a FastReport and see what you get.

Seems to have resulted in what I need, but I will also test out your other suggestion. I have been pounding away at this for days, in the hope we can streamline some systems without the need for a POS. Thank you SO MUCH for your help, truly appreciated.
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

Example as a result of your recommendation:

Charley van Rotterdam

They should each reconcile with one another ie report on CASH should reconcile with General Ledger on CASH Register, same with the EFT reconciling with the Main bank account

Charley van Rotterdam

If you need any more help email charley@vanrotterdam.com.au

Charley van Rotterdam

Belgian chocolate??
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

Thanks Charles! Much appreciated ....
Yes, we certainly do use Belgian Chocolate too ...  :)

Charley van Rotterdam

Just a thought, are you using inventory and do you use 'assembly items' to make up the bouquets or whatever; could be useful
Photo of Belinda Sanders

Belinda Sanders

Thanks Charles,
I am new to ACCOUNTS HOSTED, and while it was suggested for us to do it this way, I haven't yet explored it. I run another business and used Quickbooks Desktop version for many years, where items were set up as Services. As a result (squirm) these products are also set up as services. I know this is less than ideal.  I am definitely not utilising the full potential of the system. Can you explain what the benefit of doing so is?
Thanks, Belinda

Charley van Rotterdam

Off to bed first, but will sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.