Reports in Personal 2015

Options
Eleisha
Eleisha Member Posts: 1
I have just installed Reckon Personal Accounts 2015 and cannot print any reports - I can't even generate them. When I go to the report section and click on the report I want, it says that there is a file missing and it needs to be reinstalled. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Crystal Reports and Reckon Personal but it still isn't working. I have downloaded the file from the initial purchase advice email and am awaiting the CD in the mail. So far it has been very difficult to get it to work and I keep striking problem after problem but this one I can't fix myself - I've tried all the ideas I can. It's not a printer problem because the report doesn't even generate. Any ideas?

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2017
    Options

I don't know whether this will help. Whenever I download a software installation file from the internet, I always a) create a folder on the Desktop or in my Documents/Computer folder, and b) name that folder the software name, (such as Reckon), c) save the installation file in that new folder, d) download and save in that same folder all the additional installation documentation I can find.

Then before I instal the software, I a) check for Windows Updates, MS Office Updates, and Antivirus updates, b) run a full antivirus scan, c) let my computer run idle for an hour or so, to do its housekeeping and get its file indexing up to date, d) run Windows defrag, and e) run System Restore and create a new Restore Point.

All this ensures that all the files on the computer are in their proper place and indexed accurately, and Windows has a nice clean filing system and pathways in which to install the new software.

Only then do I run the software installation files.

Now regarding your Report generation. Do you go via the Reports Centre? I never do. I go via the Report topic, thus Banking, Spending, Comparison etc. Also, I always copy the Report and paste it into Excel and tidy the formatting before printing or pasting it into a Word Report.

Best wishes,

Dan Fardon